LegacyGT.com

A Camry to be reckoned with...

Ever heard a Camry with a GT4088R turbo spool up? Screw blow off valves... I want that sound instead!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.leung/Camry/Cameng8a.jpg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.leung/Camry/CamryturboPiping5.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I haven't read what his actual numbers are, but here is what he said before the upgrade:

I've just finished installing the new turbo and putting everything back together. Currently I am doing some street tuning. Once the car is tuned well on the street (takes me a week or more so I can check the plugs to see how the engine has been running), I can head to the dyno for some fine tuning. We'll see how much the car puts down now compared to the old T66 @ 20 PSI dyno w/ 392 WHP/375 ft-lbs. Based on my fuel maps, I had to incrase fuel trim by about 10% after the new GT4088R turbo at the same load scale, so I am hoping for another 40-50 WHP at the same 20 PSI.

OCDETAILS BLOG

C'mon guys... are we incapable of showing any respect for other cars on this board? I know the LGT is nice, but seriously... it isn't the best car in the world. He took a camry and turned it into something that would kick the shit out of probably anybody here at the track. That has to be worth something. Not everybody is building a rally car or an autox car. He has other cars he uses for those events.

OCDETAILS BLOG

C'mon guys... are we incapable of showing any respect for other cars on this board? I know the LGT is nice, but seriously... it isn't the best car in the world. He took a camry and turned it into something that would kick the shit out of probably anybody here at the track. That has to be worth something. Not everybody is building a rally car or an autox car. He has other cars he uses for those events.

Didn't you know. People aren't allowed to be CAR enthusiasts anymore. You can only like the car you currently own, and anything else is "only a whatever brand" or a piece of shit.

Such is ignorance and stupidity I guess.

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing. Would love to know what he did to the suspension.

No it is not cool, it is not a Subaru. Therefore it is crap. A big Front-Wheel-Drive-Steaming-Pile-Of-Poo (FWDSPOP for short).

No positive mention can be made about any car other than a Subaru. Especially not Honda's, BMW's, or Audi's. If any mention of an Infiniti is made in a positive light you will be banned.:lol:

No it is not cool, it is not a Subaru. Therefore it is crap. A big Front-Wheel-Drive-Steaming-Pile-Of-Poo (FWDSPOP for short).

No positive mention can be made about any car other than a Subaru. Especially not Honda's, BMW's, or Audi's. If any mention of an Infiniti is made in a positive light you will be banned.:lol:

I like BMW's too and am learning to like Honda's, so I am must be an idiot. :icon_bigg

I like BMW's too and am learning to like Honda's, so I am must be an idiot. :icon_bigg

BMW's and Honda's!? You must be a f***ing retard!:lol: I am surprised that you can use this whole interweb thingy, or for that matter read and write your own name. You better get back to your padded room before the mental hospital staff finds you have snuck out, if they do you know you'll get the electroshock therapy again.:icon_bigg ZZzzzzZZZZZzzzTTT!

he only posted pictures of the engine. He is a member of http://www.dscr.net under the name Tony The Tiger. If you are from T.O. then you might be familiar with him. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

No, but a Camry? Gimmie a break. I'd rather drive a Cadillac.

Damn!!!! :eek:

For those unfamiliar - that turbo's the size of your HEAD! :lol:

Anyone dedicated enough to their ride to get that kind of hardware working fully, and put down that much power, has definitely got my respect - no matter what kind of vehicle they drive.

That said, I'd love to meet him at a stoplight and take him up to about 30 MPH (FWDFTL!). :) After that - or from a roll - I'll gladly simply give him the thumbs-up as he smokes by!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived