LegacyGT.com

BE heat shield questions~

camber

I got the dreaded Subie heat sheild rattle of death a few month ago and just recently removed the two most offending heat shields( 2nd Cat and intermidairy heat shield between the two cats).

However, I still have a rattle when cold above 2500 rpm. I think this rattle is coming from the header heat shields.

Is ok to remove the header heat shields?

Or will my feet fry?

Has anyone done this here?

here it is, drill a small hole through the heat sheild then screw in a small screw thats slightly larger than the hole is till it touches the actual pipe. it acts as a damper for the sheild. its h4x0r but it works. thats how we got rid of heat sheild rattle at the dealership.

here it is, drill a small hole through the heat sheild then screw in a small screw thats slightly larger than the hole is till it touches the actual pipe. it acts as a damper for the sheild. its h4x0r but it works. thats how we got rid of heat sheild rattle at the dealership.

That's pretty neat!

That's some creative thinking I might try it out. Probably do it this weekend.

I figure what's happening it those inner pieces that clamp down on the exhaust pipes proably stretch after all the heat cycles. I thinking about bending them back or stick a piece of silicone gasket in there but your idea sounds better!

Archived