LegacyGT.com

Stupid Questions.. But Does the Hood Scoop

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, that I knew. But here's a question: when you guys wash your cars, are you just really careful? Or do you employ some other solution, such as covering the IC with something (haven't washed my car myself yet .. it's still pretty new, and it's only now getting to be warm enough in Boston to bring the hose out).

The easiest way I've found to avoid getting soap on the IC is to just not wash your car ever...

But the one time I did wash my car...I put saran wrap over the scoop, as well as over the cracks of the hood just to be extra carefull....

I drove my car in the rain behind a semi truck transporting soap. I think it was leaking as the pull down door was foaming. My car sputtered to a halt after all the soap that got into the intercooler. Called AAA and said no luck, just had it hauled to the nearest Sub dealer to get a new IC :( :( :(

set me back a few.

Haven't you guys learned to protect your intercoolers yet? Everybody knows that the only way to prevent the dreaded "soap-melt syndrom" is to completely coat the intercooler with heavy, black undercoating. It's important to be sure that the space between every fin and tube is completely filled. Spraying "Great Stuff" insulating foam into the hood scoop is a good temporary fix if you can't find spray undercoat.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

so i guess i should quit removing my intercooler every night and bringing it into my bubble baths with me....hmmm, screw it, whats a melted IC to me, cause that sucker sure smells good when i turn on the a/c and it blows in tropical raspberry passion through my air vents.

so i guess i should quit removing my intercooler every night and bringing it into my bubble baths with me....hmmm, screw it, whats a melted IC to me, cause that sucker sure smells good when i turn on the a/c and it blows in tropical raspberry passion through my air vents.

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one doing this :lol:

- The Mortgage Man

B3ST THR34D 3V4R !!!! <----- ibtl. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Haven't you guys learned to protect your intercoolers yet? Everybody knows that the only way to prevent the dreaded "soap-melt syndrom" is to completely coat the intercooler with heavy, black undercoating. It's important to be sure that the space between every fin and tube is completely filled. Spraying "Great Stuff" insulating foam into the hood scoop is a good temporary fix if you can't find spray undercoat.

You may want to put a disclaimer on that :icon_surp

Archived