LegacyGT.com

Stupid Questions.. But Does the Hood Scoop

wow. that's a lot of reply.. for what i thought was a simple question.. :eek:

Hey, you did ask on April 1st :icon_wink

Btw, in case it still isn't clear to anyone, the replies in this thread are pretty much all April Fool's jokes. Don't worry about getting soap and water on your intercooler.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That will only wash the outside of the turbo, you need this to wash the inside :

http://www.wartsila.com/Wartsila/docs/en/service/Leaflets/Turbocharger_high_load_washing.pdf

lol. im sure there is a huge demand for that. anybody willing to try it out and see how bad it screws up the engine.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

Nanopure © Barnstead water, UV-irradiated and filtered thru 0.2 µm pores ...whenéver I wash my car !

Millipore© 0.1 micron filter FTW!! For no water spots on the intercooler!!!!:icon_bigg

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I figured instead of risking melting such an expensive piece of equipment it would be best to just remove the intercooler while washing or driving in the rain. The problem now is that my stutter has come back and the car really isn't running right. Is it better to have a melted intercooler or no intercooler at all? I ran a hose between the pipes the intercooler was connected to. Do you think that causes a problem at all?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

lol. im sure there is a huge demand for that. anybody willing to try it out and see how bad it screws up the engine.

They are actually already in widespread use, and work very well, but only on large bore diesel engines burning heavy fuel. They suffer from a huge amount of carbon build up on the turbine wheels and water washing is very effective at removing it.

Guest JessterCPA
:lol: I can't believe this thread is still going........

Been waiting to do this..

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL183/2045496/6032410/77459882.jpg

Jesse

Cut the crap, its important to be careful while washing the car to not get soap on the intercooler. Don't ask me why, but DEFINETLY DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT!

In addition, be careful how you wash the car; personally, I only use distilled water, and then I boil it out on the driveway to be sure, and then I do a few quick tests to make sure the pH and turbidity are acceptable before I carefully apply the right amount to the car. Unfortunatly, finger oil is horrible for the paint, so I wear Blackhawk Tactical fireproof gloves... just for that added protection.

Oh, I also have never driven my car since the elements could damage it in some way, like I heard this horror story about a guy who got a leave stuck in his intercooler, and my god, ONE OF THE FINS GOT BENT. Jesus christ it sounded horrible... that fin would never be able to do any of the things that made him happy in life, and all his little intercooler-fin friends turned their backs on him... all because of your stupid decision to drive the car.

any idea on how i can get my car washed at the car wash ?

without getting the intercooler wet

Easy. Just don't use water when you wash your car. (that is actually an honest answer to the question too.:lol:)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

:lol: 98 posts on this crap...........

Thank Melayout for bringing the soap issue to the attention of LGTers everywhere. Many a' Intercooler has been saved from his concern for the matter.

I personally park my car where i am going to wash it and wait for the intercooler to cool down. Then i left the hood and use plastic wrap to cover the intercooler. I can wash the car peace of mind... plus the clean up is easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived