LegacyGT.com

Stupid Questions.. But Does the Hood Scoop

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So wait... I'm late to the thread... can I put soap and water on my intercooler? :lol:

Do a search, noob. :lol:

Look at it this way... where is the fun in working with an engine if there isn't the risk of totally destroying it? Besides, a melted intercooler is nothing. You should see what happens to the oil pan if it gets wet. Or worse... if you get any air in your gas tank.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I have decided my car is just going to site in the garage, if its a special day ... i might, just might, take the cover off the front right headlight. gotta protect my leggy. Man, i got some soap on it the other day, i didnt thing she was going to make it, i decided that she must be retired ... after 900 miles ... to the garage.
I love my car ... basically.

PLEASE guys, before some idiot calls the dealer going, "is my intercooler thing going to melt if i get soap on it ???, What about my turbo thingly, i heard that thing gets really hot, soap could just make it explode"

Do a search, noob. :lol:

Look at it this way... where is the fun in working with an engine if there isn't the risk of totally destroying it? Besides, a melted intercooler is nothing. You should see what happens to the oil pan if it gets wet. Or worse... if you get any air in your gas tank.

i srsly hope your joking. :lol:

of course Melayout ... because you drive an that 4 speed auto ... your intercooler is especially vunerable, us smart manual drivers wont have a problem. Your Dilithium Crystals will crack too ... (the legacy actually does have dilithium crystals, they actually exist, they make the lining on your turbocharger fins, they will crack when the intercooler melts, and they have a nasty habit of exploding) and hey, not like your car had much of warp speed anyway ... i mean you drive an automatic.

you guys seriously need a straight answer, so ill give you one, water or soap will NOT hurt your intercooler, these guys are just f***king with you, why do you think the STI has a button to spray water on its TMIC?

I was talking to some experts last night, and they said that injecting fuel into your engine was harmful to it.

Also water is bad for keeping your STI's intercooler cool, use synthetic motor oil, they use it in the engine, therefor it should work really well on the intercooler.

I was talking to some experts last night, and they said that injecting fuel into your engine was harmful to it.

Also water is bad for keeping your STI's intercooler cool, use synthetic motor oil, they use it in the engine, therefor it should work really well on the intercooler.

You are correct!! If you don't inject fuel into your engine, the car will last a REALLY long time!! :lol:

Ron

I use liquid nitrogen to cool my intercooler.

The University down the street has these big nitrogen containers outside it's cryogenic facilities.. when nobody's looking, siphon some with a small rubber tube.

Because it's an STi as in Special TMiC, noob.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOFL!!!! makes perfect sense and is why I'm doing the STi swap!!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
of course Melayout ... because you drive an that 4 speed auto ... your intercooler is especially vunerable, us smart manual drivers wont have a problem. Your Dilithium Crystals will crack too ... (the legacy actually does have dilithium crystals, they actually exist, they make the lining on your turbocharger fins, they will crack when the intercooler melts, and they have a nasty habit of exploding) and hey, not like your car had much of warp speed anyway ... i mean you drive an automatic.

:lol: OMG just as i thought this thread couldn't get any funnier hahahaha :lol:

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

you guys seriously need a straight answer, so ill give you one, water or soap will NOT hurt your intercooler, these guys are just f***king with you, why do you think the STI has a button to spray water on its TMIC?

Shush, your intercooler will hear you :eek:

Archived