LegacyGT.com

Rota Formula Mesh - 18 x 8

Drift Monkey

I stumbled upon these this afternoon and they look great: [img]http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/rota/formulamesh/600/600/18x8Formulamesh_group_gold_silver_sg_01.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/rota/formulamesh/600/600/18x8Formulamesh_group_gold_silver_sg_02.jpg[/img] I am really considering these now, especially for a price of 725 shipped/set!!!111 They also include a free set up lugnuts! Only downside I can see is that they weigh in at 21lbs a piece although this isn't too big of an issue since these will likely be my street wheels. They have a uncanny resemblence to the BBS RE wheels don't you think? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/stillwill/Myles%20pics/bbs_re_big.jpg[/img] But BBS REs only come in Silver so these are choice! Opinions on a gold or steel gray set on a RGP Leg?

[quote name='lowendfrequency']how much do the stock wheels weigh (w/o tires) for the non-limited LGT ?[/quote] The non-limited and limited have the same wheels. :P That being said Xenonk says they way a total of 43 lbs together (give or take). W/O tires is an unknown to me.

[quote name='lowendfrequency'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='lowendfrequency']how much do the stock wheels weigh (w/o tires) for the non-limited LGT ?[/quote] The non-limited and limited have the same wheels. :P[/quote] they do? so is it the 2.5i and the 2.5GT that have different wheels?[/quote] indeed you are correct. The entire 2.5i lineup (including the 2.5 Limited) has different wheels from that of the 2.5GT.

[quote name='Th3Franz']I thought the stock wheels weighed 18 lbs... But yes those are pretty good wheels for the price, but I still love the bling of the BBS RGR's.[/quote] Poop...I was thinkin of the stock wheels on my 8. You are right...stocks are 18lbs.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Inch for inch, you're probably getting about the same weight for those wheels. 21lbs for 18x8 or 18lbs for the stock 17x7 is prettymuch a horse apiece, but as the other thread noted, it will drain power ever so slightly more if that's important to you. Other than that, I think they look pretty nice. What did you plan on wrapping around them for rubber DM?

[quote name='SUBE555']Inch for inch, you're probably getting about the same weight for those wheels. 21lbs for 18x8 or 18lbs for the stock 17x7 is prettymuch a horse apiece, but as the other thread noted, it will drain power ever so slightly more if that's important to you. Other than that, I think they look pretty nice. What did you plan on wrapping around them for rubber DM?[/quote] Good question. I'm not sure right now but probably something not too pricey as I probably keeping there for street use. Any suggestions as far as somthing with good wet/dry performance goes?

You plan on AutoXing or anything else like that with them? I'd say maybe the Proxes T1-S as now I'm an officially Toyo-biased user. :lol: There are a number of good tires out there. If really all you do is mostly street driving with some back roads, nothing that will really tear up the edges too much, I'd say even the Proxes 4's will do decently if you aren't racing. They would be slightly more forgiving for everyday driving over some more hardcore summer tires perhaps, but they aren't a slouch. KDW-2, ECSTA MX, Yoko AVS, there's quite a few that many would recommend.

Rota makes some nice looking wheels. Have there circut 8's on our 92 Civic Si. Bought them from Revolutions Motorsports in Altoona WI. Good deal, came mounted and balanced with light weight lug nuts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

[quote name='SUBE555']You plan on AutoXing or anything else like that with them? I'd say maybe the Proxes T1-S as now I'm an officially Toyo-biased user. :lol: There are a number of good tires out there. If really all you do is mostly street driving with some back roads, nothing that will really tear up the edges too much, I'd say even the Proxes 4's will do decently if you aren't racing. They would be slightly more forgiving for everyday driving over some more hardcore summer tires perhaps, but they aren't a slouch. KDW-2, ECSTA MX, Yoko AVS, there's quite a few that many would recommend.[/quote] I'm leaning towards the 225/40/18 Toyo T1-S right now...$ 162.00ea at [url]www.treadpot.com[/url]. What do you think? Would it better to go with a 235 tire on a 8" wide wheel?

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I'm leaning towards the 225/40/18 Toyo T1-S right now...$ 162.00ea at [url]www.treadepot.com[/url] What do you think?[/quote] Gig..Gig..Giggity, [url=http://www.edgeracing.com/tire/643/]Edge Racing[/url] has the same T1-S for $149 and cheaper shipping than treadepot!

Archived