LegacyGT.com

2.5i rules for stereos!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/radio_install/collage5.jpg

the one thing i'm grateful for owning the 2.5i vs. the GT is how convenient it is for us to be able to use aftermarket decks! and i'm loving it!

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

I thought the Metra kit was a very close match for color? In that picture it looks way off... ?
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

GT > aftermarket stereo :D

Good work on the upgrade though. I wish I could change my deck, but it really isn't so high of a wish that I'm going to tear things up.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

GT > aftermarket stereo :D

That metra kit does look way off...

I've had nice stereos in previous cars and to be honest it was such a hassle, not to mention a big flag for theifs. Yes, i'm still bitter since my last one was ripped out and taken during a rain storm right outside my apartment window.

They are nice to have, but the stock system gets the job done. I'm past my really loud with lots of bass sound days anyway. I do wish the stock unit was a little stronger though. Its nice to have something which still sounds ok when the windows are down a bit, not loud and anoying though.

I dunno about you guys but I have NEVER like any oem stereo. The sound is never quite as clear and full as what an aftermarket system can bring.

Hey aldouse, before mounting my metra kit, I spray painted the whole thing. Came out beautifully and you wouldn't notice much of a difference. Try that

I dunno about you guys but I have NEVER like any oem stereo. The sound is never quite as clear and full as what an aftermarket system can bring.

Hey aldouse, before mounting my metra kit, I spray painted the whole thing. Came out beautifully and you wouldn't notice much of a difference. Try that

Also the fact that there is no seamless MP3 connector or playing capability increases the IT SUCKS factor.

What color did you use by the way.

Have any off you seen the new sony head unit. You take the face off and the face has a USB connector that you can hook to the computer download music too. It takes about 200 songs. Then you go back to your car put the face back on the head unit and you are good to go. Take that Subaru!:D

Personally I think it is BS that cars don't have USB jacks on the console to play songs from. You should be able to rip music onto an in-dash 80 GB hard drive and play from there. How hard could that really be? Why hasn't Apple made some sort of deal with an auto manufactuer and started selling cars with integrated iPods in them yet? It drives me nuts...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You're right it really makes absolutely no sense that I can go into a store and walk out with a 60G hard drive on my hip to play music and tune to a radio, BUT I can't have one just as inexpensive for my car. Its mind boggling that nobody has come up with one for $200-400. I mean yeah how hard can it be.

here's an update on the pictures... retook the photographs w/ no flash. much better coloring in natural lighting.

btw. dont mind the set of legs... my buddy fell asleep.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/radio_install/ca030e22.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/radio_install/7c85d3b4.jpg

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

that dash kit looks unfinished. i know mine won't go in until it gets a cf overlay

yea it does look unfinished and feels unfinished as well.... i dont know what to do to make it feel nice and glossy. i was thinking overlays too, but i like the "semi-stock" look and feel of it. so at this point i dont know what ot do.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

used the stock one... just took it a machine shop, had it chopped in half, and re-threaded to screw stock knobs back in place. pretty ghetto, but looks very nice in my opinion. and not bad considering i only paid 25 to get it done.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

• 2 weeks later...

Just put the metra kit in mine too, out of the box I was really scared about the color, however once it was in the car it wasn't bad at all... With the exception of the cold/hot environmental wire, it wasn't a bad install at all.

Anyone else got props for the plastic channels under the carpet next to the seats? I can't tell you how many cars I've jacked up the carpet on trying to run amp wires.. this was by far the easiest..

BTW - check out JL Audios project car, it's an 05 GT wagon. They've got a unit that takes the stock high-level outputs and levels them for a pre-amp, looks pretty slick...

I'll try to put up some pics, especially for the power/rca wires on the amp...

Here's some pics. The head unit (with the metra kit), the trim next to the door where the amp power wires and the RCA wires are run, plus I through in a pic of the box.

To get to the channel next to the door, just pop-off the trim piece, and lift up on the white plastic. It is held on by some very small clips, and viola, there's a perfect spot for cabling. :icon_bigg

headunit.gif.59f732d3061c2adb23fce4f3dd71d2bb.gif

trim1.gif.397485a8f18025a32cd86f9dfdf9c9bd.gif

trim2.gif.6b554d4049a3af441b14f4ae5a6060c5.gif

trim3.gif.bbeb20d47665feccb5ad1359cdf4cf78.gif

box.gif.16a457429c2adc54681e6aad2db57946.gif

Archived