BBK Brake Bias List

praedet

Following that logic:

Stock LGT: 78.1/21.9% F/R, 1760 ft-lbs brake caliper torque

STi brakes: 73.5/26.5% F/R, 1973 ft-lbs brake caliper torque

LGT F/RB 316 R: 76.9/23.1% F/R, 1887 ft-lbs brake caliper torque

LGT F/WRX 2-pot R: 71.8/28.2% F/R, 1912 ft-lbs brake caliper torque

Can anyone confirm these calculations?

It looks like to me the WRX rears shift the bias and increase overall force due to being a "stronger" caliper than the stock rear. So if you were to upgrade your front calipers with either the RB or wilwood Front 4pot using the stock rotor size, it looks like the WRX 2-pot rears would be a decent choice for swapping the rears?

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 years later...
Anyone still out there in 2021 that has done the Wilwood front swap with rear stock LGT can help me calculate brake bias (what pad you using also)? Just curious on the numbers.

Ran this set up for a number of years before swapping in a StopTech Trophy kit F&R. Can’t help you much with numbers specifically but can say that I never noticed any serious bias issues. Generally ran Hawks street pads all around on the street and XP10 / XP8 F&R on track.

Ran this set up for a number of years before swapping in a StopTech Trophy kit F&R. Can’t help you much with numbers specifically but can say that I never noticed any serious bias issues. Generally ran Hawks street pads all around on the street and XP10 / XP8 F&R on track.

Did yo know what the friction coefficient of those pads were?

Im going to run wilwood BP10 in the front and stoptech streets in the rear. Mostly because wilwoods are cheap and easy to obtain, stoptechs seem rated well and cheap. im thinking this is a 0.45 up front and a 0.35 mu in the rear but unsure. Dont want to throw bias way off.

Did yo know what the friction coefficient of those pads were?

Im going to run wilwood BP10 in the front and stoptech streets in the rear. Mostly because wilwoods are cheap and easy to obtain, stoptechs seem rated well and cheap. im thinking this is a 0.45 up front and a 0.35 mu in the rear but unsure. Dont want to throw bias way off.

I don’t but you could find those numbers off their website presumably. Unless your going way outside the box between F&R you should be fine.