LegacyGT.com

funny... I have been wishing that Subaru would turn the impreza into a four body-style platform, with a coupe. (in addition to the sedan, wagon, and forester SUV)

I think they should do WRX and STI versions of future coupe AND sedan bodystyles. Sedan for WRC homologation, coupe for street cred and better style, with the same mechanicals for both.

That would counter a Lancer AWD Turbo and EVO coupe combo like you suggest, SWortham. I think they should keep a turbocharged AWD version of the 4-door lancer, for people who do want 4 accessible seats. More choice is better. :D

I also think they should put the EVO drivetrain in the Eclipse, which they did for a recent concept... in addition to the wagonish variation they did on the EVO X... CrossSport or something, I forget what it was called.

Of course, I think Subaru should also come out with a larger, advanced GT coupe as a re-invention of the SVX from the current or next Legacy iteration... but that is just me...

I would never pay 40k for a freaking Mitsu evo, or any Mitsu for that matter, are the new v8, m5 v10 derived m3 will be around 50k, and a C6 vette is around 44k, why would anyone want an evo.

Maybe because it would leave them all for dead around a track. There's a Top Gear episode where the Stig is driving a Lambo Murcielago (maybe) and JC is right up his ass in the EVO 8, couldn't quite get past though.

One of the most uncomfortable cars I have EVER driven.

Why is that? I have always wanted one but never really understood the "not a daily driver" thing.

Oh, there is an article about the Evo X in SCC Magazine (don't flame me, it is a free subscription) saying that the design lost its raw race-car-like characteristic in favor of more refinement aimed towards hi-end (pricey) performance.

Maybe because it would leave them all for dead around a track. There's a Top Gear episode where the Stig is driving a Lambo Murcielago (maybe) and JC is right up his ass in the EVO 8, couldn't quite get past though.

It wasn't the Stig, but a BTCC driver.

But you didn't mention the rest of the episode. Jeremy stalled the car many times. It has the turning radius worse than a Volvo S60R. Then there's the race against a 1.6L econo box, WOT starting at 30mph in 6th gear, where it lost the race on the 1.7 mile runway.

But you didn't mention the rest of the episode. Jeremy stalled the car many times. It has the turning radius worse than a Volvo S60R. Then there's the race against a 1.6L econo box, WOT starting at 30mph in 6th gear, where it lost the race on the 1.7 mile runway.

Maybe the Stig is the BTCC driver, all we know is..........he's called the Stig !

Maybe you didn't understand the irony, who on earth expects to start at 30 in 6th ? Try it in an Impreza STi and see what happens.

The fact is, as a performance machine, it is on it's own in that price range.

Bet you the STi will beat the FQ-400 in the same test. Actually the current STi will beat the US spec Evo from 30-50 in top gear by close to a second. It's just goes to show how much turbo lag it has.

I have watched it, but would love to watch again, have the google video link????

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The Porsche 911 Carrera 4 is one of the greatest cars ever created. I dream every night of owning one. :redface:

Exactly my point!!!!

You and me and and half of the world at least have those dreams!!! heheheheheeheh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived