LegacyGT.com

I like the front on shot, but I don't like the white rear lights. Also the rear diffuser on the lower bumper seems strange. Don't like the interior shot either. Other than that, I like it!

Did the article say GBP35,000? That's USD60,000! :icon_surp

Sorry........

Unless they have made some MAJOR refinement in the new model I would not even take it on a test drive.

Fun....yea....for track time only.

One of the most uncomfortable cars I have EVER driven.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

It will retail in the US in the $35-40K range. The concept interior will be redone for production model, exterior resembles 95% of final production. It will have a 6speed and a twin-clutch DSG option.

It will have 320HP+ with a reverse mounted engine, navigation with realtime engine/transmission monitoring sort of like the R34 Skyline digital gauges. Weight will be reduced due to all aluminum panels. Suspension and ride will be easy yet firm and responsive due to SAWC. It is a complete redesign, engine, suspension, chassis, body. Take your evo stereotypes and throw them away, it is being significantly engineered in europe.

white.jpg.947f1ccfefe4a57426ee8bc8e36888e7.jpg

black.jpg.2728deaf65ec9fe3b4fc51a41eda3171.jpg

It will retail in the US in the $35-40K range. The concept interior will be redone for production model, exterior resembles 95% of final production. It will have a 6speed and a twin-clutch DSG option.

It will have 320HP+ with a reverse mounted engine, navigation with realtime engine/transmission monitoring sort of like the R34 Skyline digital gauges. Weight will be reduced due to all aluminum panels. Suspension and ride will be easy yet firm and responsive due to SAWC. It is a complete redesign, engine, suspension, chassis, body. Take your evo stereotypes and throw them away, it is being significantly engineered in europe.

Really good looking (finally) and very competitive, at least with the STi which hasn't changed since 04... SoA will have to step up to compete with this new Mitsu monster!!!! And if they bring a wagon version, I may be inclined to get another car in 08 heheehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

It will have a 6speed and a twin-clutch DSG option.

It will have 320HP+ with a reverse mounted engine.

I thought it was only a reverse mounted turbo (not the engine).

DSG = yum!

Subaru better step up their game with the impreza re-design.

It better look aggressive and mean like the evo X and have power and goodies to match.

It'd be nice if subaru would release some concept type illustrations of the re-design so we know where we will be spening our paychecks down the road...at Mitsu or Scubie.

One thing is for sure....the next skyline/GTR gets knocked off the list of a lot of people cuz of its lack of 2 extra doors...even tho its a nice design.

EVO : Nice Exterior with 4 doors + Power + AWD + DSG + Navi + HID + more = wiNn4R

DSG = yum!

Subaru better step up their game with the impreza re-design.

It better look aggressive and mean like the evo X and have power and goodies to match.

It'd be nice if subaru would release some concept type illustrations of the re-design so we know where we will be spening our paychecks down the road...at Mitsu or Scubie.

+1

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Great car, but the only problem is that Mitsu is still plunging. I think ive heard that they are planning to pull out some time in the future.

As for the EVO X. I always thought that the evo was supposed to be a Raw driving machine (EVO 6 is the perfect example) but over the years they have watered it down. The new one is supposed to be like the VW R32 a refined hot rod. I think this should be interesting

so what is happening to the EVO IX ????

are we just skipping that one?

Serious? Evo IX has been out for awhile now, go mivec! It hits 400AWTQ on stock turbo.

I thought it was only a reverse mounted turbo (not the engine).

DSG = yum!

Engine is reversed and lower, makes turbo in the rear and distributes weight to the middle of the car for a better 50/50 weight distribution and a lower center of gravity. Also with the exhaust in the back of the motor the exhaust won't get the oil as hot, since when it's not reversed the exhaust has to pass underneth the oil pan, which is one of the causes of heat soak in your current motor. This also means to lower underhood temps.

The overall performance of an Evo is excellent. I love the way the suspension is tuned from the factory. In some ways I'm sure the new one will be better than the C6. I like Vettes but I think it's funny that they're still using leaf springs in rear.

I would never pay 40k for a freaking Mitsu evo, or any Mitsu for that matter, are the new v8, m5 v10 derived m3 will be around 50k, and a C6 vette is around 44k, why would anyone want an evo.

can u drive either of those cars....u mentioned in MN winters?

Sure u could make the M5 and M3 go with winter tires but they wont go very fast...

...the EVO and the STI u can..

I would never pay 40k for a freaking Mitsu evo, or any Mitsu for that matter, are the new v8, m5 v10 derived m3 will be around 50k, and a C6 vette is around 44k, why would anyone want an evo.

You forgot another very important player... A slightly used Carrera C4, you can buy for 50K as well!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

You forgot another very important player... A slightly used Carrera C4, you can buy for 50K as well!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

agreed...the carrera 4 is something to consider so is an audi S4 but no one wants to deal with audi unreliability and some people like to have room for groceries and the occassional friends.

Presence of Mod capability helps also to make the case for the EVO/STI/LGT

C4 mods wont be cheap!

It's funny, people talk about Audi reliability, I have had 3 Audis in the past and still own one, a 2000 Audi A6 2.8Quattro... My S4 yes indeed I had several minor issues, nothing major, but always the hassle to take the car to the dealer, etc etc etc...

But a C4 Carrera would be veeeery nice... Can't be a daily driver though, but a niiiice mean of transportation on teh weekends!!! heheheeh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived