LegacyGT.com

OMG! This exhaust is awesome.

RobY

Well I just got back from getting my custom exhaust done at:

http://www.hybridconnection.com

Man this thing sounds sweet. Not too loud but gives you ALOT of boxer rumble with no drone.

The entire exhaust is 3" through. Hybrid cut the taper on my Cobb Downpipe for me and welded a 3" flange on.

The system is 100% stainless steel with a resonator in the mid pipe with dual straight thru 3" mufflers.

It's loud but not loud enough to be annoying.

The Y splitter is a work of art. It splits like a header, 2 pipes running paralell to each other then flaring out to the dual cans. There is no immediate split.

Impressions:

Whoever said that an exhaust did not make a diffrence is WRONG. This thing pulls harder there is no doubt about it. The most immediate thing that I noticed was that boost comes on faster. I was getting major boost spike issues until I reset the ECU to compensate for the quicker spool.

These guys know what they are doing. Some of the people who work there have worked with rally support teams and thier experience shows.

Pix should be posted on thier website within a few days. Too dark to take pix now.

Congrats on your new exhaust man. You def. sound very excited.:lol: Now onto my questions....:icon_bigg

Would they do smaller piping size(I don't need 3" being n/a) and would they do a dual tip for me? I'm liking the y-design you are explaining. If it is what I think it is..it's similar to the this:

Right?

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5875/cuscorearbrace22jj.th.jpg

Thanks man.

I dunno all the sales details yet.

They are going to be putting up somthing on thier website soon. Im not sure if this is gonna be a production kit or a custom deal for those who want it.

To answer your questions...

They can basicly fabricate anything, all they need is a car to work on. If you want a 2.5 inch exhaust they can do that too. If you want reflective mufflers instead of straight thru mufflers they can make that. If you want resonators instead of mufflers they can do that for you too. Like burger king you can have it your way.

I went custom because nobody offered an exhaust that I wanted for a reasonable price.

Hybrid made it my way for an awesome price.

NOPE.

The way I have it it wont even mate to the stock downpipe. I had Hybrid hack off the taper on my cobb peice so it would be 3 inches all the way through.

The exhaust dosent even use stock style flanges. They are triangle flanges with 3 bolts so that the connections have less of a chance to leak.

If they ever decide to go into production Im sure more of the parts will be backwards compatable. If they decide to just do the custom thing they can do anything you want.

Videoz:

Dont mind the clicking in the under the muffler video. The tiny mic on the camera can't record notes that low. No clicking is present in person.

Ignore the seat belt chime in the startup vid.

Click here to watch 000_0197

Click here to watch 000_0196

Click here to watch 000_019548

Ill try to find a better quality recorder later right now im just using my digi cam with video function.

Impressions:

Whoever said that an exhaust did not make a diffrence is WRONG. This thing pulls harder there is no doubt about it. The most immediate thing that I noticed was that boost comes on faster. I was getting major boost spike issues until I reset the ECU to compensate for the quicker spool.

what kind of performance numbers did you get before and after?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived