LegacyGT.com

OMG! This exhaust is awesome.

RobY

Ass dyno numbers :lol:

It will go on the dyno as soon as Mike From Innovative Tuning gets off his ass and gets his AWD dyno delivered and installed.

Until then I have no objective numbers for you to chomp on. Boost gain is definately faster though improving throttle response slightly. It made a diffrence in the overall powerband of the car that is blatantly obvious. It seemed to smooth out the powerband a bit.

As far as peak power/tq goes im not sure.

Ass dyno numbers :lol:

It will go on the dyno as soon as Mike From Innovative Tuning gets off his ass and gets his AWD dyno delivered and installed.

Until then I have no objective numbers for you to chomp on. Boost gain is definately faster though improving throttle response slightly. It made a diffrence in the overall powerband of the car that is blatantly obvious. It seemed to smooth out the powerband a bit.

As far as peak power/tq goes im not sure.

So, you didn't even do a 40-80 acceleration test, or some sort of objective measure before you made the change? After you've spent money on parts, the car always feels faster. I give up - the Scientific Method is dead.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Im sorry I didnt think I was running an experiment here.

I used to rally and time trial a Scirocco. Every change I made to it - all receommended by other owners - seemed to make a difference in performance. Very few actually did. One that did not was a "high performance" exhaust system - it just made more noise.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

flip flops FTW :) Nice sounding exhaust, update us on final pricing if possible

Looks like they are gonna do it on a custom basis, they don't plan on a production run.

They still need to add up the parts totals and it should be around $700 if you want one yourself, don't quote me though it could be more it could be less.

This is probably how they are going to handle it:

1) You tell them exactly what you want anything is possible.

2) You make an appointment.

3) You drop your car off for the day.

4) Come back later to pick up your car with a custom one-off exhaust that nobody else has.

For those of you in the area this could be a great deal if custom is what you are looking for. Pipe diameters run from mild to wild. You can choose ANY muffler you want from slightly louder than stock to im gonna make your ears bleed loud. They will modify your downpipe to get rid of the 2.5 inch step and weld a 3 bolt flange on. A bonus is that you don't even have to install it yourself.

So RobY you recommend them for doing installs then. I have an up-pipe and shorty downpipe just waiting to get put in and was looking at them to install it for me. I only here good things about them, but I think your post shows me what they can do. Mike

I dunno all the sales details yet.

They are going to be putting up somthing on thier website soon. Im not sure if this is gonna be a production kit or a custom deal for those who want it.

To answer your questions...

They can basicly fabricate anything, all they need is a car to work on. If you want a 2.5 inch exhaust they can do that too. If you want reflective mufflers instead of straight thru mufflers they can make that. If you want resonators instead of mufflers they can do that for you too. Like burger king you can have it your way.

I went custom because nobody offered an exhaust that I wanted for a reasonable price.

Hybrid made it my way for an awesome price.

+1 for 3"dp-3"SS resonator-3"/2x2.5" devider right after, leading 2 paralellar 2.5" SS pipes going to cans. Result should be more free flow but less noise, Isn,t ? :-)

Im not sure what brand resonator they used. I will try to find out.

I think the car would sound fine without it. As it stands now the exhaust produces no high notes. The system is all BASS. It actually sounds a bit quieter somewhere around 4000 RPM at light load because I assume that it is the sweet spot of the resonator.

Its a bit weird because at below 4000 RPM you can hear exhaust then once the revs rise you will hear more engine than exhaust.

$700 installed still a great price. There are no shops in the washington, DC metro area can touch that price for a similar custom exhaust system.

Prefab peices.

They do have a bender but thats for smaller tubing for rollcages.

• 1 month later...

Archived