LegacyGT.com

Rhode Island

RobE

I miss RI. Going to school there for 4 years was just awesome. Newport was great to go to also with the Red Parrot and some of the other places. I miss the steamers mmmmm NJ doesn't really have little necks and all that too often.

If you are near Naragansett there is/was an awesome fish place out by the lighthouse somewhere I think. I can't remember the name of it but it was terrific.

I miss RI. Going to school there for 4 years was just awesome. Newport was great to go to also with the Red Parrot and some of the other places. I miss the steamers mmmmm NJ doesn't really have little necks and all that too often.

If you are near Naragansett there is/was an awesome fish place out by the lighthouse somewhere I think. I can't remember the name of it but it was terrific.

Are you talking about Aunt Carri's?

mm.. steamers.. which is the best place for them?

got dinner lined up at the spiced pear(?) and planning on hitting the black pearl for lunch on day. any other recommendations, preferably something more casual and fun?

Newport's awesome. Lots of great bars and restaurants. Too bad you didn't make it for the St Patty's day weekend celebration. It's quite a drunken fest!:icon_bigg

i was there. :D

best one i've been to yet. the weather was incredible.

M

mm.. steamers.. which is the best place for them?

got dinner lined up at the spiced pear(?) and planning on hitting the black pearl for lunch on day. any other recommendations, preferably something more casual and fun?

Casual + Fun + hanging out right on the water with food and drink = Christies.

especially at night, Christies has great live music, and it's a major party.

The Candy Shop at the Clark Cooke House (on Bannisters Wharf) or 22 Bowens are both great too. you can get away with jeans in either, or dress it up a little.

dR

i was there. :D

best one i've been to yet. the weather was incredible.

M

Did you stop off at Christie's on St Patty's day? I wish I could've made it myself, two little ones at home made that impossible though :( . The weather did rock, all the previous years I went it was cold and damp ! My wife's cousin is the lead singer in the Band Those Guys, and if I remmber correctly they played Christie's that weekend. Fun Band!! the crowd gets real cranked up.

No, no, no If anything it would be southern Massachusetts county. Connecticut is Eastern New York. New Hampshire is Bizzaromassachusetts, and Maine and Vermont are going to join Canada when no ones lookin'

Maybe if the Puritans didn't force Roger Williams out with their closed-minded Bulls#!t then he would've bought that land in the name of Massachusetts! Rhode Island is a pretty cool state, despite its size. The proximity to Boston and NY alone is nice, being able to get up to VT/ME/Canada for camping is an added bonus...

• 4 weeks later...
didn't make it out to christie's this past weekend, but i'll definitely make a stop there the next time. the hamburger at the spiced pear is unbelievable. it's something like $25 but probably the best burger i've ever had. :lol:

Did you stop off at Christie's on St Patty's day? I wish I could've made it myself, two little ones at home made that impossible though :( . The weather did rock, all the previous years I went it was cold and damp ! My wife's cousin is the lead singer in the Band Those Guys, and if I remmber correctly they played Christie's that weekend. Fun Band!! the crowd gets real cranked up.

i was there. sipping cocktails in the sun watching Newport Harbor. it's awesome down there.

the band was good too. :)

dR

• 3 weeks later...

Archived