LegacyGT.com

My new toy

BDII

So I decided that the whole going to the gym thing wasnt working out so well, and im easily distracted by the hot womenz...

I need a way to get back in shape and since hockey is only one night a week I figured I would give mountain biking a chance.

so I did a little research and I found that the most bang for my buck came in the form of the Raleigh Mojave 4.0 CLICK HERE

I paid $350 plus I bought a few other neccentals like a helmet, gloves, grip curls, camel back pack, bike rack,speedometer, pump and nice set of timberlane riding shoes.

Anyway,

if you ride post up what you got and maybe a good story or 2.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times did it break between A and B:lol:

actually,

other than the gearing problems, and the fact that it weighed 75lbs... it really wasnt a bad bike.

On a steep downgrade I got it up to 42mph once.

That's a fine ride to get you back into biking.

Hopefully, the MTB bug will bite & you'll never look back...you'll get into shape & actually enjoy it at the same time!

thanks man!

thats what Im hoping for.

Nice - wish I could get back on a bike, but with the busted up ankle, this is a no go. Enjoy and keep us appraised of your progress.

SBT (missing my century days)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Actually, it is not impotence that the seats can cause, it is infertility... get your facts straight! :lol:

Nice bike, what kind of rack are you getting for the car now?

I think I will take up xc riding this summer again, been years since I have had a bike.

I got a cheapo BELL trunk mount for now. Like I said in another thread... $320 is just to much for me to spend on a Thule rack. Im still looking though.

dude, you're gonna love it. I started riding a few years ago & now I'm anxiously awaiting some nice weather to go hit the trails again. I would def say replace the seat with the one they make for fat ass women. Much wider so it doesnt go right up your ass
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

After they went bankrupt their product output has decreased drastically and the quality of their bikes remains questionable. Although with that said, I still love my Avalanche :)

I also own a full suspension specialized xc which I barely use here in VA.

Bu11dogg2: Check out craigslist in your area. Used thule/yakima racks are being sold between 100-150 every now and then.

http://www.rockymounts.com/noose.html

These are direct bolt-on's to the factory rack, plus they have colors other than the basic black - makes finding your car in the parking lot easier!

I'm using 2 of these, they work great & have a lot less wind noise with the sunroof than an add-on rack.

Consequently, my Thule rack is for sale...

http://www.rockymounts.com/noose.html

These are direct bolt-on's to the factory rack, plus they have colors other than the basic black - makes finding your car in the parking lot easier!

I'm using 2 of these, they work great & have a lot less wind noise with the sunroof than an add-on rack.

Consequently, my Thule rack is for sale...

PM sent.

I definately dont like the trunk mount. First yakima or thule I come across at or around 100-150$$ im gonna buy.

Archived