LegacyGT.com

Window tinting on frameless windows?

Just got a new 2006 Legacy sedan. I usually get a nice subtle tint on my windows. Does it look lame on a car with frameless windows? Does it even stay on Legacy windows? Effect the radio reception?

Whats your experience? Thanks!

It falls off, if they can even put it on at all And then, since they tried to put it on, the radio doesn't even work!!!!

Please, look around before you post :) Even at the avatars...

:spin:

Looks nice, I have 10% on my car. I've had it on for about a year now and no complaints. yes it does affect your radio recption, but I dont listen to the radio in my car, Boulder has bad reception in general so bump those CD's. An I also got a break on my tint only cost me about $120 for the whole car (6 windows). The guy at the shop said any car with frameless windows are easier and it took him an hour or so to do, also it's quicker to get done.

It falls off, if they can even put it on at all And then, since they tried to put it on, the radio doesn't even work!!!! so then why does your car in the picture have window tint on it. Your windows look fine to me.

Please, look around before you post :) Even at the avatars...

Tint is one of the first things going on my LGT when it arrives. The dealier is getting it done for me.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Tinting frameless windows is no different than any other window. In fact, I would rather tint the frameless ones than the framed ones.

It can affect the radio reception if you are using a metallic tint. Just ask the tint shop for their recomendations. Since antennas hidden in the back window are fairly common, they will be aware of which films to stay away from.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Thanks for the replies (most of them anyway haha).

Are Subaru door panels fairly robust? Taking the panels off and on not a scary experience? And most importantly, do they go back on without breaking seals and causing rattles?

I haven't tinted my windows yet guys. I know on my other cars, the doors did not have to be taken apart to have them tinted properly. Would they have to take apart the legacies doors to install tint properly?

I just had mine done two days ago and it's fine, I've received compliments on the tint. I haven't noticed any radio reception issues and considering the tint is on the inside of the window I don't see any issues in the future. Nothing has changed, the outside of the window is still clear.

I haven't tinted my windows yet guys. I know on my other cars, the doors did not have to be taken apart to have them tinted properly. Would they have to take apart the legacies doors to install tint properly?

Nope, I got mine done at Crown in Hamilton, took them about 2 hours max if I remember, they did have to pull the trim off of the rear door though.

Yeah 35 on the rear 5 and 55 on the front two and the sunroof. LLuminar metalic and it does affect AM reception. Don't notice it on FM though. Mostly thumping to the CDs.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The guy at the shop said any car with frameless windows are easier and it took him an hour or so to do, also it's quicker to get done.

Damn, I should have used that line in my haggling process.

Archived