LegacyGT.com

Video! NASA VIR Feb 17~19, 2006 weekend

ROFL.. Between 50 and 54 seconds in, what car goes spinning off the track in front of you.. hilarious.. hahaha

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA...

it was a Spec Miata who was a skilled driver, but it was his first time ever running at VIR.. so even if you know how to drive, if you dont know the track, you can still mess up.

Keefe

it looked like that was the same blue miata spun-out that went of the shoulder earlier in the video.

thanks keefe, nice clip for my lunch break. i love watching those e30's reminds me of these diecast i collect: except i don't think those were m3's in the video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/yuentom/DSC012.jpg

yup, same lap actually, he went off in front of me, at turn 12 on oak tree, and I cut out the video in between were I let my teammate go have some fun chasing him down the back straight.. before he got to the top of the hill, he got scared and jammed on the brakes, before he even saw the braking zone which was about another 300 feet away.. and I cut the video back in of all three of us going throught turns 14 and 14a (aka Rollercoaster) and that's when he just looked like he gave up and went off.

Currently I am working my E30 as I will be the 6th SpecE30 racer for Salazar Racing.. during the Enduro, we ran 2 cars. For the sprint, we had 1 driver for those races, and for practice, there was 3 of them on track. I didnt bring mine down because it was just too cold to be sitting in a car that has no heat :icon_tong I rather drive comfortably in the GT with heated seats :lol: call me a pansy driver for now.

Keefe

do tires and brakes usually wear out after a weekend at the track?

it all depends on how you drive. If you take it easy, they will last.

Sometimes I have seen other regular drivers on the highway do more damage to their cars than track cars.

Brake pads dont wear out THAT much if you have track pads.. and street tires can last a bit over the weekend.. unless you are over-driving the car that much, yea, expect to see some wear.

My R-compounds tires have an average life span of about 1000 to 1500 miles. Some drivers may be lucky to get 1000 out of them.. I dont drive as hard as others. Most my tires wears out the shoulders than they do in the meat of the contact patch.. (I spend too much time turning and not enough on the brakes)

Track brake pads last just about the same time, if not, less.

Keefe

Man, that Integra sounded GREAT when it went past. Something about 8500rpm harmony from a Honda engine that sounds GREAT!

Makes me miss the H22 from my Accord for that reason alone!

you can hear him coming from behind as we passed under the bridge...

Keefe

Archived