LegacyGT.com

Video! NASA VIR Feb 17~19, 2006 weekend

woOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love videos.... You know Xenonk, I have video of you a few years ago at Summit point when your WRX went into the wall..... I remember watching as your car kept sliiiiiiiiiiiiding and thinking it'll stop before the wall..... And then... Pow.... It was a sad day.... But, you were safe from harm which is always good....

tHe HoV

Great vid...did you happen to know the guy with the Integra?

Him passing you like you were standing still made me think of a race I saw this past sunday.

**Dragstrip**

Iamboon***fastest 5EAT 13.0@ 103.9***

V/S

Acura integra Type RRRRRRRR

@ half track the LGT had a 3-4 car lead.....after the R crossed the line.....

12.3 @ 122.

Amazing what a 150 shot will do:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

woOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love videos.... You know Xenonk, I have video of you a few years ago at Summit point when your WRX went into the wall..... I remember watching as your car kept sliiiiiiiiiiiiding and thinking it'll stop before the wall..... And then... Pow.... It was a sad day.... But, you were safe from harm which is always good....

Duuude...you gotta post that video.:icon_tong

dude you got passed by an integra.

[excuse] that ITR is a full prepped race car that weighs about 1000 lbs lighter than my car and making probably the same amount of power to the wheels (200 whp) :p

[/excuse]

Serious note, it's just a track practice day, I gave him the point by because he was looking good coming out of the previous series of turns, I am not going to hold him up. It's common track courtesy not to hold up traffic. :icon_bigg

Keefe

who was screaming at the end?

that's 04turbogurl, she rode shotgun with me for about 3 sessions throughout the weekend (one when it was snowing, one in the ice cold morning, and the last session when it got somewhat "warm"). She had a blast that weekend

Keefe

Great vid...did you happen to know the guy with the Integra?

Him passing you like you were standing still made me think of a race I saw this past sunday.

**Dragstrip**

Iamboon***fastest 5EAT 13.0@ 103.9***

V/S

Acura integra Type RRRRRRRR

@ half track the LGT had a 3-4 car lead.....after the R crossed the line.....

12.3 @ 122.

Amazing what a 150 shot will do:eek:

There's a difference between a street car and a full prepped race car, namely you can easily dump out about 300 lbs out of the car and possibly make a lot more power along the way. That ITR is a Honda Challenge race car getting in some open practice.. I went off the track at the top of the "S"s before with my WRX at 110 mph.. it's just something you just learn NOT to do again, so I'll keep my ego at home and let him go.. no sense in wading up the GT since THIS IS NOT A RACE

Keefe

that's what you called "learning it the hard way" and you just have to keep it very metal about the condition of the car.. "warming up" doesnt just mean "warming up the car", it's also about "warming up the brain of the driver" of which I didnt do very well prior getting onto the track that morning when I bashed the WRX into turn 7.

Keefe

I think the guy in the 3000gt was flicking you off though. :)

^ n00b!!! :p

that was a point-by that he gave me to pass on the left. Only when you are in instructor/racers group is when you are allowed to pass without a hand signal (at least here in the east coast for http://www.nasaproracing.com and other east coast track events). Safety first.

Keefe

[excuse] that ITR is a full prepped race car that weighs about 1000 lbs lighter than my car and making probably the same amount of power to the wheels (200 whp) :p

[/excuse]

Steve's makes about 180 whp. It's 2600 lbs in race trim, with driver and fuel. I had to put ballast in my car to meet that weight, so he's probably a little under that.

Honda Challenge H1 and H2 cars are doing 120+ at the top of the uphill esses. WOT from the flat esses until South Bend.

Warren, who's raced in H1, H2, and H4

Steve's makes about 180 whp. It's 2600 lbs in race trim, with driver and fuel. I had to put ballast in my car to meet that weight, so he's probably a little under that.

Honda Challenge H1 and H2 cars are doing 120+ at the top of the uphill esses. WOT from the flat esses until South Bend.

Warren, who's raced in H1, H2, and H4

Thanks Warren, I was pretty sure that H1 and H2 are around that range of 180 and up.. and I suspected that the car is about 2600 lbs (like the SpecM and SpecE30 range).. my car as-is with another passenger tips the scale at 3650 lbs.

Keefe

interesting...norcal nasa has designated passing zones but (thankfully) doesnt require point bys. most track n00bs are horrendous at giving point bys.

Mid-Atlantic (or more of the far Eastern coast that I have noticed) have Group 1 (Novice) and Group 2 (intermediates) have designated/mandatory instructors in the car with the driver and are also given designated passing zones.

Group 3 (Advanced-A) are allowed to pass anywhere, on or off line based on the direction of the lead car's pointed direction. As common courtesy, "if the hand signal is out the window, the right foot comes off the gas pedal". It's just not fair to try to pass a Vette that makes 2x the power and he gives you the point-by on beginning of the straight. Just hope that he/she is nice enough to lift and let you go through the techincal section of the track so that they don't hold you up.

Group 4 (Advanced-B, Instructors/Racers) can pass anywhere without a point-by.

I prefer point-bys, especially when it's not exactly fun finding someone trying to sneak a final pass in the passing zone super late and they are on your inside rear. I have been given point-bys during the weekend as well and I just wave them off because I personally do not feel comfortable about barreling the car into a corner off-line, it ain't racing, I'll wait for a better window of opportunity to pass. Safety first.

Keefe

Sweet video. Were you running on the RE-92's?

:lol: :lol: :lol: , it would be pretty embarrassing for everyone else if I did.

I ran a set of 235/40/18 Pirelli PZero Corsa Asymetrical R-compounds mounted on a set of 18x8.5 +50offset SSR Comps (silver).

It was nice on Friday (70F sunny), cold/wet/snowing on Saturday (40F), and just plain freezing on Sunday (35F). The tires and brakes held up fine all weekend.. just have to be mindful of that.

Keefe

Archived