LegacyGT.com

CUSCO rsb question

Legacy05

My Cusco rsb should be getting to my house today. I think I might tackle this install Saturday morning. The question I have, I am currently lowered on iON Sport Springs, is it ok to use the stock endlinks with the Cusco sb?

or use ramps or stands on the side. I wouldn't feel comfortable laying under the car supported only by a floor jack.

that's why you put jack stands on the sides and then lower the car down to rest on them. Sorry about posting a short answer on the last one. I assumed whoever read my post would have the additional know-how about garage safety ettiqutte

Keefe

that's why you put jack stands on the sides and then lower the car down to rest on them. Sorry about posting a short answer on the last one. I assumed whoever read my post would have the additional know-how about garage safety ettiqutte

Keefe - you'd be very surprised at the lack of it. Perhaps a Garage Safety FAQ is in order. Seriously.

Ask Rallispec about why I insisted about an extra stand under his car last summer, 'just in case'. :icon_bigg

Thanks for the link, I think I will just try the stock endlinks for now. So from what I have read, if I have the car up on jack stands I should be good to go for the install. I don't need to pre-load the sway bar correct?

Keefe - you'd be very surprised at the lack of it. Perhaps a Garage Safety FAQ is in order. Seriously.

I'll see if I have time to compile one up of the common mistakes that people do and I'll just throw it all together to make it a "common practice of garage safety ettiqutte that everyone should know" if they do decide to work on their own car.

Keefe

Whenever I'm wrenchin' under the car, my dang dogs come and sit under there with me. Sniffing everything and licking my face and crap...that's prolly not real safe. One of 'em sniffed the DP and got a little suprise, hehe. :lol:

Whenever I'm wrenchin' under the car, my dang dogs come and sit under there with me. Sniffing everything and licking my face and crap...that's prolly not real safe. One of 'em sniffed the DP and got a little suprise, hehe. :lol:

Haha, never heard that one before!

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Hell,,and I thought I was the only one whose dogs know how to turn a wrench:lol:

They are having a tough time with the metric system though,always handing me the wrong size...

BTW,,my two dogs do the same,They HAVE to be under there with me.:icon_bigg

So my rsb showed up yesterday, one thing I noticed is that it didn't come with any grease or anything. Is that a problem? Or will I not need it?

Thanks.

It probably wouldnt hurt,but I put my Cusco rsb on without any grease etc without any noise,squeeks, etc probs.

It probably wouldnt hurt,but I put my Cusco rsb on without any grease etc without any noise,squeeks, etc probs.

Is your car lowered .. and if so, are you on the stock endlinks? and if not, are you still on the stock endlinks :) heh.

So my rsb showed up yesterday, one thing I noticed is that it didn't come with any grease or anything. Is that a problem? Or will I not need it?

Thanks.

it's a rubber bushing like stock, so no problems whatsoever running them dry. You do need to lube it somehow....WD40 works fine....in order to position it properly on the bar to secure it under the brackets. Dry rubber on metal = no movement.

Well I am done, took me a little over an hour ... wasn't too hard at all. I ended up getting some lithium grease for the bushings. I also re-used the stock endlinks. I took the car for a spin around some corners and such and I haven't heard any noise as of yet. Thanks for the pointers everyone!!!

Archived