LegacyGT.com

snow tires??

AWD_Rules3830

Wouldn't get them this season but you'll see from other threads that the stock tires are disappointing in snow.

It seems most of NE only gets an average of 30-40" of snowfall per season. Unless you drive a lot in the early AM, most folks would probably stick with good all seasons.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

The stock rubber is not so great in snow. However the need for winter tires depends on your need to go out in extreme conditions and your winter driving skill/confidence.

Roads in my neck of the woods are plowed relatively quickly, stock all-seasons (RE92a's) pull through. Most all other all-seasons are better in the snow so you will drive on the worse of the group with the stockers.

Without a doubt winter tires are superior and safer in winter conditions however you have to balance cost, switchover hassle and storage hassle.

I get 'em in Maine, mostly 'cause I had new summers already (Goodyear Eagle GT-DS3s) from my WRX. I use Blizzak LM-25s in winter. Terrific tires for any weather, BTW.

That's exactly the same tire combo I use on my LGT Limited. Both are great tires but don't you agree that the minute it snows or temps go under 32-degrees (F), you have to get the Goodyears off. Really, they can be downright dangerous in snow.

That's exactly the same tire combo I use on my LGT Limited. Both are great tires but don't you agree that the minute it snows or temps go under 32-degrees (F), you have to get the Goodyears off. Really, they can be downright dangerous in snow.

Totally- I tried the Goodyears in one light early snow: LGT= hockey puck!

Archived