LegacyGT.com

Major Problems-help!!!!!

Ok, first off, my check engine and cruise control is on and the code said 02=low.

Second, my cooling fan wont turn off, even if I park the car overnight and start it in the morning with -10 degrees celcius weather, it still comes on as soon as I turn it on.

Third, On Friday, I parked my car did the cool down, shut off all my lights but while I was going to walk away from the car I noticed that the park lights are still on.

I did the STi conversion to the engine, could/if the STi ECU fit would this correct my problems?

1. The lo O2, is likely the P0420, cat inefficency because you have removed the dp cat. Do you have an AP or Ecutek? They can turn this CEL off.

2. This is a known issue, and it requires replacement of the ECU, and possibly relay's to correct.

3. There is a switch on top of the steering column. You probably inadvertantly hit it.

4. Physically the STI ecu will fit, but as to it working I doubt it. You would need to register the ECU with the BIU(body integrated unit), before you could even attempt to start the car.

problem 2 - it's not your cooling fan, it's your AC fan. Take it to the dealership and they will replace the relay for the fan and replace your ECU. (how they will handle this with your STi swap is yet to be seen....)

problem 3 - the parking light switch is on top of the steering wheel - in front of the gauges.

1. The lo O2, is likely the P0420, cat inefficency because you have removed the dp cat. Do you have an AP or Ecutek? They can turn this CEL off.

2. This is a known issue, and it requires replacement of the ECU, and possibly relay's to correct.

3. There is a switch on top of the steering column. You probably inadvertantly hit it.

4. Physically the STI ecu will fit, but as to it working I doubt it. You would need to register the ECU with the BIU(body integrated unit), before you could even attempt to start the car.

I didn't change the DP as yet. OMG!!! I forgot about that stupid switch!!!!

What do you mean?? Yes its for real....
We have some jokesters on the board who post stupid threads from time to time...

Go with everything edmundu said and dont worry we all have our moments with the parking light switch

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

We have some jokesters on the board who post stupid threads from time to time...

Go with everything edmundu said and dont worry we all have our moments with the parking light switch

I didn't put a DP in my car as yet so I don't think that one could help. I didn't realize he was joking, sorry.

The only thing I changed was the turbo, intake manifold, throttle body, headers, BOV, and HID's.

Did you get the ECU retuned to match the new turbo, or are you still running the original a/f and boost maps?

I didn't get the ECU flashed as yet. Paul from Neetronics told me to get a DP and exhaust system before I do that. He told me that when he flashes and dyno's the car it would be better.

Archived