LegacyGT.com

New VW Commercials - SNAP!

mccorry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's so sad is that the Subaru brand deserves the whole "obey your FAST" thing. this is exactly the kind of fresh, cool, gen-Y thinking that SOA needs to hire as the ad agency. [/size]

Subaru should do an internet campaign with their own fast creation that makes the VW fast look like a pansy. "My fast is faster than your fast"... lol...they could have subaru fasts squashing, eating, destroying VW fasts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone who knows anything about cars, should know VW's German engineering mantra is BS.

I'd rank all these other German companies above VW:

MB

Porsche

BMW

Audi (which also owns Lamborghini)

Yes I know VW owns Audi, but my point is all these other companies get the best enginers, while VW gets whoever is leftover.

As for the commercials, destruction of ricers is funny, but the rest of it borders on annoying.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Anyone who knows anything about cars, should know VW's German engineering mantra is BS.

MB

Porsche

BMW

Yes I know VW owns Audi, but my point is all these other companies get the best enginers, while VW gets whoever is leftover.

As for the commercials, destruction of ricers is funny, but the rest of it borders on annoying.

Way to break it down dude...

Take 2 minutes in the box for sucking the "FUN" out of it!

MB

Porsche

BMW

...ummm VW also owns Porsche, additionally VW is pretty nice. The narrow angle sixes, 1.8T, 2.0T, and DSG are all worth noting imo. Additionally the utter domination of the TDI powered Audi R10 ensures there's plenty of more VW tech waiting to hit the consumer market. As for the Fast, it's a modern take on the original Rabbit GTI mascot.

Your Fast is just a personification of that common thing that all gearheads like us have. Just like one of the commercials, we like to hear the mechanical sounds, we take the long way if the road's more fun, we just go jump in our car at midnight and go for a drive for no apparent reason, we like cars with some grunt and that can handle too.

All VW is saying is "Don't suppress your gearheaded-ness, don't go buy something gay and ultra-refined like a Camry, Civic, or Accord that your girlfriend wants you to buy. Buy something cool!"

And that DSG is a technical marvel and supposed to be the gearbox of the future according to Car and Driver so the engineering claim is definitely not BS. Yes, Audi probably developed it, but if they offer it in their cars they can claim it.

VW is marketing to gearheads and is slamming the dorks and the wannabe suburban hip-hop gangstas. I commend them and just wish SOA would get hip, fer chrissakes, because i'd still take my LGT over anything VW's got out right now.

"Yo, Mike. You want us to unpimp this thing let me hear you say vat."

"What?"

I love the look on the actor's face right before he "unpimps" the ride. I know someone already mentioned that he was in Constantine. I have trouble thinking of a creepier Lucifer :icon_twis.

...ummm VW also owns Porsche, additionally VW is pretty nice. The narrow angle sixes, 1.8T, 2.0T, and DSG are all worth noting imo. Additionally the utter domination of the TDI powered Audi R10 ensures there's plenty of more VW tech waiting to hit the consumer market. As for the Fast, it's a modern take on the original Rabbit GTI mascot.

VW does not own Porsche. They are closely related and some of the same people have stakes in both companies, but Porsche is independent. They have done some platform sharing but that is it.

VW does not own Porsche. They are closely related and some of the same people have stakes in both companies, but Porsche is independent. They have done some platform sharing but that is it.

VW also owns Skoda, but not Porsche.

The Toureg shares the same chassis as the Cayenne, not sure if they share any engines.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived