LegacyGT.com

New VW Commercials - SNAP!

mccorry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are funny but appeal to only a limited audience of the young teen/adult male consumer. What they gonna do about the Passat, Jetta, Turdegg, etc?
...Who can't afford them. Around here the ads are for 0.9% financing.

Here's the kind of GEEK fest I work at. If I showed the first one to guys at work, they'd get all excited: "hey. guys - look! Cool Trebuchet!"

Who Dares Wins

スバル

You can do a virtual test drive with the german chick and smoke a ricer. Too funny.

http://www.vwfeatures.com/?ic_id=home_gti_launch_2006

Wow, I spec'd mine out at almost $32,000, yet riding around with that sassy German chick almost makes me want to sell my LGT and pick one up. Sadly, though, my GTI won't come with the German chick, so I think I'll stick with my ride.

One of the best marketing campaigns in years. If nothing else it will sell cars. I used to have VW Rabbits and GTIs. We use to put Sach racing suspensions on them. Handle like a dream but they are not a Subaru. The GTI is a different car for different purpose.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

omg watch the video - too funny :lol: :lol:

I love their commericals. Definitely catchy.

"Okay - let's schlalom"... def funny.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

+100 for ricer destruction... they're stating that gay ricer crap is uncool, and saying upgrade to a vw... they're targeting ricers... aka young crowd... good campaign.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

what's so sad is that the Subaru brand deserves the whole "obey your FAST" thing. this is exactly the kind of fresh, cool, gen-Y thinking that SOA needs to hire as the ad agency. the whole "think...feel....drive Subaru" gig is a joke. its stupid. what the hell does it mean anyway?

I swear it would be so radical and fantastic for SOA to give a group LIKE US here on this board about $1M to do a brand new line of commercials. can you imagine......put a LGT up against a Camry, Accord, Fusion and show it blowing them away in a brief speed run. but then have the LGT arrive among a group of BMW 330, MB 350, Acura TL, Infiniti G35, etc. and then run the course again with these "big boys" and still blow the field away. Now THAT would start a buzz among both family sedan and performance sedan buyers. I'm sure together we could all think of something much better than what I just suggested.....and that's the idea. a fresh approach to promoting IN YOUR FACE performance from the Subaru line.

Great marketing for a younger generation... it also helps gives VW buyers solace in that they've bought something better than a ricer. That whole pretuned deal has been a part of the experience of buying WRXs and Legacy GT. It's that whole out of the box deal we all feel. The Jetta launch was a flop... The GTI will be a hit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what's so sad is that the Subaru brand deserves the whole "obey your FAST" thing. this is exactly the kind of fresh, cool, gen-Y thinking that SOA needs to hire as the ad agency. the whole "think...feel....drive Subaru" gig is a joke. its stupid. what the hell does it mean anyway?

I swear it would be so radical and fantastic for SOA to give a group LIKE US here on this board about $1M to do a brand new line of commercials. can you imagine......put a LGT up against a Camry, Accord, Fusion and show it blowing them away in a brief speed run. but then have the LGT arrive among a group of BMW 330, MB 350, Acura TL, Infiniti G35, etc. and then run the course again with these "big boys" and still blow the field away. Now THAT would start a buzz among both family sedan and performance sedan buyers. I'm sure together we could all think of something much better than what I just suggested.....and that's the idea. a fresh approach to promoting IN YOUR FACE performance from the Subaru line.

+1 Billion... I couldn't agree more. This is the "type" of advertising I'd love to see. Not necessarily the SAME, but this in your face stuff. On the other hand... we do love our uniqueness and massive ad campaigns will change that. I just want enough recognition so that future models like the LGT STI and a 2-door coupe become possible.:icon_tong There has to be some medium between creating an "everyday appearance Camry car" and "so unknown we're not sure what it is"... hopefully we'll get there someday!!!:icon_bigg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I have played those commercials for about 20 people so far. Everyone from my girlfriend to my best friend to my grandmother loves them. VW did a good thing by hiring that agency. Anyone who even tries to bash these commercials is doing so out of spite for VW and its products. I know as well as you do that they are crap cars, but these ads are priceless.

I also love these commercials. That actor is one of the funniest if you remember him in Armageddon. He was the russian astronaut. "American components, Russian components...ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!" :lol:

I knew I recognized him. Wasn't he also the psycho partner from the movie Fargo?

Archived