LegacyGT.com

looking for aftermarket lights...

dplacen

Jeeze I left you a linky on your introduction thread earlier today... here is a link for tails and the second for headlights, I will say though that there is no real improvement with the projector headlights (I've heard this from other people with them).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-99-SUBARU-LEGACY-BD-BG-RED-CLEAR-Tail-Lights-Sti_W0QQitemZ8040385359QQcategoryZ33716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SUBARU-LEGACY-BG5-BG9-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-EJ20-STI_W0QQitemZ8039854902QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and there are also projector foglights I will say though that the only thing that the only things that will go on the car without having to wire are the tails.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SUBARU-LEGACY-BG5-BG9-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS-STI-EJ20_W0QQitemZ8039854886QQcategoryZ33709QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To mount the fogs tho you'll need to fab up a bracket since they will not correctly fit the car

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all - I am new to this Forum and glad to be here. It looks like lots of good information can be found here. I have a couple of questions about the answers on this thread. I looked at the links that you send for the JDM lights and you say they need extra wiring? So they wont plug into the US plug? Can you tell us what is in volved - just basically? ALso - the fogs look like they have a bracket on them to screw into the same place as my stock brackets. Are you saying they wont match up? Finally, since Japan drives on the other side, is there a problem with the light pattern for these projectors or would that only be a problem in non-projector type housings? (Did that make sense?)

Thanks

The tail lights will not need extra wiring, they just pop in, the headlights will need extra wiring because you will have 2 light bulbs instead of one. The JDM headlights arent worth it. The foglights will also need some wiring because there is again 2 bulbs instead of the usual 1 found on an ordinary USDM GT. The brackets that usually come with the foglights will not fit in the stock location and you actually have to take off your bumper and modify the existing brace/ weld on a new one.

The light pattern can be adjusted though, so even though it would not be right initially, you could square it off with some good adjusting

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

The tails I have only work on the sedan, but since they are from the stock Japanese tails, they have them for your car too, they are just a different shape than mine. The next time I see them up for sale I'll let you know, they usually come with the center garnish too, so all the amber is gone

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get a set of JDM tail lights for my 99 GT 30th Sedan the other day for $146 after shipping! I couldn't believe I was able to get that price. Are the tail lights pretty easy to remove? They should arrive next week.

In regards to the headlights, I've seen some JDM ones that don't have projectors. I can't tell from the picture if it has one headlamp bulb or two. Does anyone know? I was hoping I could get a set of these without rewiring. (they rarely show up on ebay)

If only someone made clear corner aftermarkets...

18988525_full.jpg.08e5f3d01e44ed9bf510c5ae4b5a07bc.jpg

tail lights:

easy, you need to use a heat gun on the INSIDE of the trunk,

to warm-up the TAR.

and I think there are two or three nuts on each side.

(thats a good deal, I payed $200)

headlights:

IIRC the JDM non-projectors have three bulbs.

and no, they don't plug-in.

Thanks for the tip. I opened up the little bulb access cover in the trunk to take a look. Is there only tar around the square cut out you can see from inside the trunk, or are there other areas I need to heat up? Also, will this require me to remove the fabricy cover thing inside the trunk, or can the bolts be accessed without removing it? It looks like I just have to pop out 3 round clips if need be.

Thanks again, this will save me time and guess-work!

Bummer on the headlights...good thing I asked though.

The bolts can be accessed without tearing everything apart and I replaced my Tails in october I think on a warmish day and I didnt need to heat up the tar, I just used a bit of controlled force to push them out

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/phi11/674ddb48.jpg

ya, I pulled the clips, and peeled back the fab.

the TAR was only around the square cut, as in the photo,

and I guess that I did it on a cold day.

Archived