LegacyGT.com

FREE cold air intake!

Ok as to stop the flaming...

From the looks of the pictures your cold-air intake is taking raw air into the engine after the filter. This is BAD! You do not want un-filterd air in your engine. Can you take a few more larger pics of the actual mod?

Ok as to stop the flaming...

From the looks of the pictures your cold-air intake is taking raw air into the engine after the filter. This is BAD! You do not want un-filterd air in your engine. Can you take a few more larger pics of the actual mod?

What are you talking about? Theres no opening after the filter.:confused:

the size limit for pics is pretty small so Ill try to get a closer shot. the only 2 openings left after the filter are the knock sensor and some kind of mass air sensor or something and that was reatatched with a hose extension. the knock sensor got a mini filter so it doesent smell like oil. its all good I had 2 dif mechanics look at it and they thought it was awsome.

I did almost the same thing on my 98 Imp, except it was the panel that was on the front passenger side of the hood...it really didn't do much though, except get the filter dirtier...CAI are overrated IMHO....2 hp difference = 20 lbs of junk I can take off of the car

From the pic, the air is filtered. All he's done is open the hood scoop & remove the plenum, making a short intake.

Whether cold air actually gets to it, or whether there are resonance problems at the MAF, are the issues, I'd think.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 11 months later...
very loud:icon_twis

have to agree.... not to overly flame but... taking air in after the filter... ya... just keep running it and see what'll happen later... not my bill to pay. mind you... it's like taking a hoot from a bong and not plugging the little hole before.. well ya.. easy to figure out... my 2 cents:lol:

• 1 month later...
what somebody should do is get a gt hood with the scoop and then fabricate a top mounted large panel filter box. itd be like ram air.

I have the turbo hood and used aviation snips to cut the backing a little so I could bend it to angle the air to it the only problem is relocating the moisture trap that needs to be angled down

Archived