LegacyGT.com

"Stock" Momo knob getting scratched?

LegGTLT

I have the "stock" or dealer momo shift knob and after about 15k I'm noticing ALOT of small dark scratches on it. It's getting pretty ugly actually... Anyone else experiencing this? I don't plan to do anything about now, doesn't REALLY bother me yet. Down the line if it really starts looking trashy though, is there a way to just replace the "cap" or center piece or do I have to get a whole new knob? Thanks!:)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

are you talking about the logo on the top of the knob? That is just glued on. You can pop it off and replace it with a smiley face for all it matters. You'd probably have to go to MOMO to get replacement discs for it, but it can be done. I got two discs when I bought my knob. One fell off and I replaced it with the other one.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Naw... I wish it was just the logo, that would be easy and it's already dark as is. It's the 6 "hole" silver area surrounding the logo. Those pits get dust and what not in them but it's easy to q-tip that stuff out. The actual silver area is what is getting scratched up. Like I said, not horrible yet, but definently noticeable.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yeah, I have noticed it as well...I have 22K on the car. It's a part of life, I suppose, so I don't really worry about it. If anything, it can be replaced pretty easily, which is why I don't worry about it. Still looks good...but I hate when it's TOO hot, or TOO cold. that will change some day.

So how do you replace the scratched up silver part around the logo then? Do I order it directly from Momo? How to you get it off the shift knob? Thanks again for the help!

Warranty? Jim said they would replace it for him

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26836

Hmmm... good idea! I tried typing in "scratched momo" and "worn momo" in the search but just couldn't find the right thread. Thanks rclark! I'm a little concerned about the warranty though... not get too OT on my own thread, but I drive alot, and thus have my 15k service coming up after buying the car late last August. Is there some 1 yr/12k warr. for finish parts? Or am I imagining that I read that somewhere? Thanks guys for the help! This is why I love this board!:icon_bigg

P.S. No bling except for the Citizen Eco-Drive watch on the right hand!:lol: I was thinking at first maaaaaaaaybe it was the watch, but when I looked at how I shift and where the scratches are at, it was impossible. I kinda hold the shifter like a joystick but with a bit more of my palm on top then just straight up fighter pilot style!:icon_bigg

^^^ I asked myself the same question:confused: ... oh wait... I'm the one driving!:lol: I'm in in sales, not construction! So why is this thing soooo ugly? I honestly don't know. I don't have driving gloves, so it's not like I'm scratching it up with some material... I'm just as lost as you are...:(

Straight-up SOA option package. Pedals, STS, Momo knob. It's on the window sticker, which I always keep, so when I bring it in I can show them and they can replace it.

I always take caution when i hold my "knob" :D

Seriously, I try not to hold the shift knob too tight as it might scratch my wedding ring. Tiffany > Momo ;)

wedding ring....ah, you shift with your left hand? that must be a sight!

anyway...who else is having scratch issues...I was going to order one of these things.

Mine still looks great, except for the holes filling up with crap, but that's easy. I have the universal one, same style, but I think the jewel thing in the middle is a different size. Does anyone know where to order either custom ones, or just stock momo ones? I was thinking about sending an e-mail to the kids that make custom Xbox jewels, but i'd rather just find a quick replacement right now, it's so nakid without it. Mine didn't come with an extra one.

• 3 weeks later...
wedding ring....ah, you shift with your left hand? that must be a sight!

anyway...who else is having scratch issues...I was going to order one of these things.

In S. America, the wedding ring is worn on the right hand. At least, in Venezuela it is. When I went there with my wife, we were advised by her friends/family to switch them to the other hand so as not to confuse the rest of the family.

Anyhoo, the Momo knob on my RS is nowhere near that scratched after 2.5 years. Just crap in the holes that comes right out with compressed air. Do you drive with your hand on the knob?

I drive with my thumb and part of my palm on top. Kinda like a joystick type hold. I was really busy on the phone when I dropped it off so I totally spaced asking about it. I'm getting ready to go back in this week though and ask to have the e-brake button and the knob replaced. The rattle on the e-brake is just getting worse. The button is so loose it'll rattle at low speeds now rather the just on the highway like before.

Archived