LegacyGT.com

AEM intake installed, damn...

05BluePearlGT

...it sounds nice. Seems to be much less lag as well. You dont hear any difference other than the turbo much much louder. Sounds very nice, drives the same. Seems to be a little more power, especially at lower psi. Much less lag though.

This is the only mod I have. My car is stock otherwise.

There was NO CEL, like a lot of people said. I drove about 30-40 miles with it on. Car drives the same. I have a 5spd auto.

-Chris

Im going to as soon as I find the camera my girlfriend took. She hates when I take pictures of my car, so 2 nights ago she put it in her purse (sneaky, sneaky...except I saw). Now she "doesnt know where it is." biyatch!

I will soon though. It looks very nice. I was wondering what color it was. Chrome will work just fine, bling bling, hehe. Fits good as well. The MAF had some issues being installed, but I worked it out fine. Wasnt a perfect fit, but it fits perfect now.

You shouldn't get any CEL's, but you will get higher exhaust temps and negative knock correction due to running lean.

I've been that route and when I saw what was happening I removed it.

+1

most turbo subys behave that way with a CAI sans custom flash.

would higher exhaust temps make the car run any hotter? The coolant stays the same, but I know our cooling system is more than needed, so it would keep it the same temp regardless of EGT, correct?

sans^^ and? with a custom tune, they still behave that way?

And the Legacy GT runs much richer than other subarus I have seen many times? So leaning it out a little wouldnt be as bad as the impreza or sti? Am I incorrect here? But from looking at many tuners site, the LGT is much richer?

I hope not with a custom tune. In a couple weeks, i will be recieving....something....for tuning. Havent studied up on whats out for our cars. Ill be ordering the best for custom tunes/using others maps, though.

I hope I can get a nice tune out of it.

What do you guys think of turbo inlet silicone hose pipe thing? They seem to be pretty nice and would do much more than an intake Id believe?

I will be ordring do/up/big brake kit, etc in a couple weeks.

So this intake wont help at all with a custom tune???? Ill check out the a/f and temps though.

The intake will help alot more if you get a custom tune, on it's own it won't do much. Same goes for the silicone intake tube, tuning will get the most out of it.

Higher EGT won't make your coolant temp increase as the rad has more than enough capacity to keep it cool, especially this time of year. What will happen though, is the cat in the up pipe will be subjected to the higher temps and more likey to break down. Not saying it will, just more likely to.

Thanks. I wasnt sure if it would help with a custom tune.

Whats the best thing to tune with?? Cobb AP? Is that where I can load maps into it, or go custom?? and its about 500 bucks? Wheres the best deal?? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I never seem to find the best deals though. You guys know the cheapest vendor/site to get from.

What are some good upgrades for under a thousand, including the AP, or whatever else I should get?? maybe under $2000? I dont want to spend too much right now, especially since Im getting the blue rotora brake kit in a week.

Honestly, I'd go for a custom tune, dynacomp (did I spell that right) or go to Kingpin for an ECUTek tune. I plan on doing that sometime this year :) I had the Cobb AP, although I was happy with it, our gas is crappy and I'd rather have something tuned for my car.

For big gains, got the UP/DP route with a custom tune.

You can get a custom tune with Accessport... every bit as effective as the other options, and you can hold more maps, etc.

05Pearl - take pictures of your car with your gf in them, that will solve the problem

True, but I am not sure if anyone in AZ does any tuning yet with the AP.

http://www.dynocomp.com/subaru.php?view=subaru

Thats where Im gonna go. Im gonna call and see what they prefer to tune with and go with that. They seem to be a reliable company (have been in the business for a while). Glad to hear you approve of them. I used SRD for my civic, but I highly doubt they do AWD, plus they drove my car hard untuned, and wouldnt let me watch the tune.

Archived