LegacyGT.com

BUY the WILWOOD WRX KIT!! WOW! They Fit!!

carman493

Hopefully this works..this is the WRX Wilwood 6 Piston Kit on my '05 GT with 18"x7.5" Kosei K1-TS Gold Wheels. These brakes are amazing so far...remind me of the 4 piston wilwoods I had on my Miata. Sorry I don't have install pics, we had to get my car off the lift...getting all the Porsches ready for the racing season.

22942651_wilwoodlegacygt.JPG.c1a9b571daf3a49791f2c98ff761aeb0.JPG

1771538081_wilwoodlegacygt1.JPG.dbb4c8d35081f478f12a546327ed0b52.JPG

Thats so you can check the pressure as you are filling the tire.

Actually, it is to allow air to be bled out when filling up the tire with nitrogen. Nitrogen is not as sensative to changes in temperature as air is, making it a great alternative for track use. "Hot" tires are often 6-10 psi higher than 'cold' tires. The use of nitrogen drastically cuts down the variance. Only really useful in race situations.

brakes: this means that the bear brakes should fit too correct?

anyone had any experience with the bear kits?

wheels

neato.... someone should do helium for drag racing (i think it would expand too much for prolonged use anywhere else) but the rotational weight savings would be significant.

you'd be supprised at a distance of 9-10 inches away from the wheel center that would make a noticable difference in rotational inertia...

have you ever seen someone lose 5 hp on a dyno w/ lighter brakes than stock (they were larger diameter and all the weight was on the outside edge) cause i have

anyway i was mainly just joking... stupid engineer humor.

btw baer brakes anyone know if they're sealed or not cause they make a badass 6 piston kit for wrx's

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Carman493 I just got off the phone with Wilwood and the specs they gave me for the fronts are 327mm x 20.57mm & rears 309.62mm x 20.57mm. The rotor width is down about 12mm in width which is a lost of a lot of heat capacity. Have youhad a chance to really push these puppy's? Any noticable fade with repeated hard stops? Does anyone know how track worthy this Wilwood setup is?

Thanks,

Nate

Hey Carman493 I just got off the phone with Wilwood and the specs they gave me for the fronts are 327mm x 20.57mm & rears 309.62mm x 20.57mm. The rotor width is down about 12mm in width which is a lost of a lot of heat capacity. Have youhad a chance to really push these puppy's? Any noticable fade with repeated hard stops? Does anyone know how track worthy this Wilwood setup is?

Thanks,

Nate

They cant be that bad in heat capacity, you should see Racing Brake 1-piece replacements and I have tracked them already. No real issues that I have seen. I am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get them heated some more.

Keefe

btw baer brakes anyone know if they're sealed or not cause they make a badass 6 piston kit for wrx's

last time I remember it varied from application.. some were and some were not.. you'll have to call them on that.

Keefe

Archived