LegacyGT.com

When will official 2007 Spec's be released

jatleson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seemd to me like the the 2006 subarus started showing up on the lots before any formal announcements were ever made (even on *their website)...

this led to a lot of confusion on what changes where actually made for the new year.

IBJEDIWASLOOKINGATPR0NINSTEADOFUPDATINGTHEWEBSITE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

']

The 2007 spec.B will have only one transmission, a 6-speed manual with VDC. It will also have a driver-controlled ECM map switching system called ISD (Intelligent Smart Drive), which allows the driver to select from ECO[nomy], Normal and Sport modes.

The 2007 Legacy GT will arrive in showrooms in July. The GT spec.B will arrive a few months later.

If this is the case, I might consider trading up.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'll let you guys know when I update the subaru.com site. They're dragging their feet on releasing the info and if I don't get a raise, I might just drag my feet on updating it!

']I found a picture of a car with the new lip spoiler that will be standard on the 2007 spec.B:

http://i1.tinypic.com/okquts.jpg

That color, BTW, is called "Spark Yellow."

Why are all Subaru yellows pastel and ugly? :confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't this the STi lip spoiler?
The US 2007 WRX STI Limited will also have a rear lip spoiler as a standard feature.

Ediit:

I just realized you were probably referring the the STI accessory for the Legacy. Doh!

Yeah, I think it's the same.

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/largeimage/1-2.jpg

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/largeimage/1-2-2.jpg

']I found a picture of a car with the new lip spoiler that will be standard on the 2007 spec.B:

http://i1.tinypic.com/okquts.jpg

That color, BTW, is called "Spark Yellow."

It will be nice to have the STI as a USDM PART NUMBER to order from the parts counter. (although I prefer the K2 spoiler... STI one is very nice, and "official tuner")

Spark yellow is interesting... Wasn't it, and a pale silver-blue color offered in japan on some sort of anniversary version of the 2.0GT?

I am not a big fan of yellow cars, of any sort, but at least that is more subtle than GM's recent "Power-Utility vehicle yellow" color that they seem to paint on almost EVERYTHING.

Are we looking at a front limited-slip diff in this 6-speed? That and a few other things are musts for me to want to upgrade. I want performance close to the WRX STI but in the Legacy body and that includes nearly the full drivetrain less the DCCD which I wouldn't use in a Legacy.

I love the idea of map switching (great to work with that ECU tuning.)

I don't mind the grey, would like my next model in that color, but think other colors should be available too. I mean how hard can it be to process paperwork and get the car painted a color that is already being used? I could understand how a custom color on a small-run would be difficult, but on a regular stock color, cummon Subaru.

I don't mind the grey, would like my next model in that color, but think other colors should be available too. I mean how hard can it be to process paperwork and get the car painted a color that is already being used? I could understand how a custom color on a small-run would be difficult, but on a regular stock color, cummon Subaru.

Makes me wonder how many people here would pay an extra $1000 for said custom color? I think that is around what Audi charges.

Wonder what kinda weight it'll be pushin; probably close to 3500lbs.

I think you're right. That STi tranny is heavier than the 5MT it'll be replacing.

Hell, just in the Impreza lineup:

Curb weights:

WRX sedan - 3192

STi sedan - 3351

(these weights are a better comparison than they used to be. . . given that BOTH cars now use a 2.5 liter engine) Now, there are other obvious reasons for increased weight between the two . . . intercooler water sprayer, larger wing, window wing, larger intercooler, larger brakes. So I suppose we'd mainly have to find just the difference in weight between the two transmissions to really understand how this change will affect the curb weight.

Easier on the Legacy than with other models. . . since it's made in Indiana and not in Japan. Still, Japanese car companies are not known for doing what domestic and German car makers will do for orders. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived