LegacyGT.com

When will official 2007 Spec's be released

jatleson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easier on the Legacy than with other models. . . since it's made in Indiana and not in Japan. Still, Japanese car companies are not known for doing what domestic and German car makers will do for orders. ;)

Actually I have mentioned such things to Subaru and they said they like to get the feedback, they were just concerned about the costs because they have a very set schedule on production, these things are produced on these days, these things on these days, and so on, or so that's what I was told by John Mergen who was told by some process engineer. That's their story for why they cut options, colors, lack of cross-polination, etc. They even said it would be much more costly and difficult to unmary say cloth and a power moonroof because of that build schedule.

I guess if they really wanted to, they could figure a way to configure their system to work around that inconvenience as like you said, germans clearly have it figured out. Are the Japanese a little too tight-fisted and conservative and the Germans a little more easy-flowing? I'd say yes.

Archived