LegacyGT.com

When will official 2007 Spec's be released

jatleson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the Detroit show and they didn't know anything. In fact all they had was a Spec B, no regular Leg (GT or otherwise). I'd like to get an official list so I can determine if it is worth the wait or go for an 06 (i'm in no rush). I'm also curious to see the new Acura RDX that comes out in June, it looked pretty nice in Detroit.

As per standard dealership information, your local dealer will not know anything until about mid-may as far as changes go. Spec's of the '07 production will probably hit the net around mid-end of march as Japan (of course) will see similar refreshes to the B4 2.0 Litre Legacy. Most likely LegacyGT.com members will know around march time.

I was at the Detroit show and they didn't know anything. In fact all they had was a Spec B, no regular Leg (GT or otherwise). I'd like to get an official list so I can determine if it is worth the wait or go for an 06 (i'm in no rush). I'm also curious to see the new Acura RDX that comes out in June, it looked pretty nice in Detroit.
There was a regular leg in the basement. Didn't that tarmac prepped wrc car kick ass?

From a dealership point of view. We have already gotten a bunch of information and literature about the 07 Tribeca. Our district rep proclaims the addition of the ipod jack will indeed be on all models, as well as sat. radio. But that is all that we have OFFICALLY heard.

From a dealership point of view. We have already gotten a bunch of information and literature about the 07 Tribeca. Our district rep proclaims the addition of the ipod jack will indeed be on all models, as well as sat. radio. But that is all that we have OFFICALLY heard.

According to our importer here in Sweden, they will not offer any upgrade to have an Ipod jack on 06 models or older. Neither will we have an option to have mp3 played on the CD player either. However they can't explain that we have a cassette player, when it's impossible to buy cassettes or a cassette deck to record your favorite mix on:confused:

According to our importer here in Sweden, they will not offer any upgrade to have an Ipod jack on 06 models or older. Neither will we have an option to have mp3 played on the CD player either. However they can't explain that we have a cassette player, when it's impossible to buy cassettes or a cassette deck to record your favorite mix on:confused:

Here they don't offer an option for '05 models to put in the navigation system that comes with '06 Legacys.

Subaru is just weird like that.

-ben

Here are some changes you will see for the US 2007 Legacy.

The 2007 Legacy GT 2.5L turbo engine has been upgraded to meet LEV2 emissions standards. This was accomplished by adopting the secondary air bypass system used in the 2006 Forester XT and WRX. Thanks to the elimination of the pre-catalytic converter, it will have more power than the 2006 version. However, its advertised hp and torque numbers will be lower than the 2006 because the newly revised SAE J1349 net power standard was used to measure power.

The center console has been revised slightly, with new wood trim and an improved finish on the plastics. The rear seat on the sedan is a split, fold-down, which allows larger long objects to be stowed in the trunk.

The 2007 Legacy GT will also come with new 17" wheels.

The 2007 Legacy GT spec.B will, again, use the same engine as the GT and have the same power ratings. It will, again, come in only one color; this time, Diamond Gray Metallic. The interior color scheme will be similar to the blue/black found on the WRX STI, except the black will be leather. The driver's seat will have a two-position memory switch. Production will be even more limited than the 2006 spec.B (i.e. fewer than 500).

The 2007 spec.B will have only one transmission, a 6-speed manual with VDC. It will also have a driver-controlled ECM map switching system called ISD (Intelligent Smart Drive), which allows the driver to select from ECO[nomy], Normal and Sport modes.

The 2007 Legacy GT will arrive in showrooms in July. The GT spec.B will arrive a few months later.

']Here are some changes you will see for the US 2007 Legacy.

The 2007 Legacy GT spec.B will, again, use the same engine as the GT and have the same power ratings.

Sigh. Another year of "more bling, same zing" for the Spec.B :(

THANK YOU JON! (and Opie... for spilling the beans early!)

Two quick questions, if you don't mind. Not sure if you would know the answers just yet, but... Price range for spec.B likely to be same as current? Is the Diamond Gray Metallic darker than Titanium Silver Metallic?

-ben

THANK YOU JON! (and Opie... for spilling the beans early!)

Two quick questions, if you don't mind. Not sure if you would know the answers just yet, but... Price range for spec.B likely to be same as current? Is the Diamond Gray Metallic darker than Titanium Silver Metallic?

The 2006 Outback 2.5i wagon with the Special Edition package comes in Diamond Gray Metallic, so you can check it out yourself if you can find a dealer with one in stock.

I don't believe pricing has been finalized, yet.

As far as I can tell, Opie hasn't spilled very many beans, yet. From http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=433424&postcount=20:

Guys I would love to say...but since I work at a dealership I have this confidentiality thing I have to follow...

I will say this...in '07 it will have something it "should've" had to begin with as all the other countries where it's sold get this...and the interior won't be so "shocking" it's just be better...

...as soon as I get the "official" announcement on this, I post better details...but you should be able to figure it out if you are the smart!

Did I miss something?

Wellll I mean we kinda figured it out :). I was mainly interested in the six-speed option.

I saw the color palette. Seems to be a lot darker than the TSM.

I assume the spec.B will also come with navigation already? I'm sure you haven't heard anything about '07 manuals coming with navigation? Just wondering. I don't care for navi, but I'm sure other members will be interested.

-ben

']Here are some changes you will see for the US 2007 Legacy.

The 2007 Legacy GT 2.5L turbo engine has been upgraded to meet LEV2 emissions standards. This was accomplished by adopting the secondary air bypass system used in the 2006 Forester XT and WRX. Thanks to the elimination of the pre-catalytic converter, it will have more power than the 2006 version. However, its advertised hp and torque numbers will be lower than the 2006 because the newly revised SAE J1349 net power standard was used to measure power.

Ok... not sure if this means much when it's at home... but I guess we'll see. More power, but less advertized... Uh-huh. Stupid bureaucrats.

The center console has been revised slightly, with new wood trim and an improved finish on the plastics. The rear seat on the sedan is a split, fold-down, which allows larger long objects to be stowed in the trunk.

The 2007 Legacy GT will also come with new 17" wheels.

Ok... nicer plastic finish might be nice... I could care less about the wood, as I don't want any in my future legacy (I like woodwork, and my house has a lot of it. but I am not impressed in the Legacy so far...)

Fold-down rear seat it GREAT. That will be a big bonus. I am looking forward to seeing the new wheels.

The 2007 Legacy GT spec.B will, again, use the same engine as the GT and have the same power ratings. It will, again, come in only one color; this time, Diamond Gray Metallic. The interior color scheme will be similar to the blue/black found on the WRX STI, except the black will be leather. The driver's seat will have a two-position memory switch. Production will be even more limited than the 2006 spec.B (i.e. fewer than 500). The 2007 spec.B will have only one transmission, a 6-speed manual with VDC. It will also have a driver-controlled ECM map switching system called ISD (Intelligent Smart Drive), which allows the driver to select from ECO[nomy], Normal and Sport modes.

The 2007 Legacy GT will arrive in showrooms in July. The GT spec.B will arrive a few months later.

This is dismaying. And somewhat at odds with previous rumors.

Same power... Tuning can take care of that. More would be nice, but probably not a deal breaker. Not a bonus sales point, though, either.

One Color: ANOTHER DAMNED GRAY? :mad: Say it ain't so. other rumors have suggested otherwise. Blue/black interior might look OK, especially in a BLUE CAR! but in a gray car, the whole thing is a bit "cold fish." gray black and blue. I like gray black and red better, it's warmer ('06).

Driver's two position memory. If subaru is serious about this, it HAD BETTER be Legacy-Wide. 2.5 Limited, GT Limited, and Outbacks... If the Spec B is the only one, with fewer than 500 units, there are going to be some angry people 'round here. (angry at SOA, not you, Jon... :D )

6MT with VDC. NICE. Actually something to make the Spec B worth looking at and paying some extra coin for. It, with the suspension, would be the two big positives, but I am not sure it will be enough to get me over potential limitation to gray.

ISD might be a neat trick... but other things would be more impressive to me. This seems like a token. I dunno-maybe it will be really cool.

I guess I was hoping that Opie was closer, when he spoke about the Spec B being a trim line, above the GT. Not limited edition, but by demand, and available in all the GT colors. I think I am still hoping so...

Damn gray. [sarcasm]Why would anybody want a nice car painted an actual color... that'd be stupid... A Choice of colors? What'll they want next? the earth to go around the moon?[/sarcasm]

Is there any way (and perhaps I will do this later....) to list in a single thread, all the individual points being rumored for 07, and the member attributed to forwarding or confirming them?

Damn gray. [sarcasm]Why would anybody want a nice car painted an actual color... that'd be stupid... A Choice of colors? What'll they want next? the earth to go around the moon?[/sarcasm]

The lack of color choice (I wanted red) was the main reason I didn't go with a Spec B. Another great decision by SoA.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

+1000

I'd love red or blue. Or something besides black, white, silver or gray, which are all variations of NO specific color. (all-to-none, I guess. but all boring.)

I sure hope Opie is right that Spec B will be available as a trim line with all colors, and two interior color choices, and so on...

Color is the hardest thing to change. With enough money, transmission, suspension, engine, all sorts of things can be transplanted from other vehicles. A good quality paint job, especially with door jams, under hood, in the trunk, and elsewhere, is MUCH harder, and likely more expensive and potentially harder to repair if damaged (if a custom color to match...) Thus making color the LEAST likely thing to be changed about a new car.

With some of the other rumors circulating in this forum, I was hoping that SOA had learned a couple of lessons from this year, after cutting options. If Jon is correct, perhaps SOA hasn't made as much progress as I would have hoped.

You can get almost all you want. 6MT, VTD AWD, aluminum suspension bits, Bilstein inverted struts, 18" wheels, and better brake pads, and so on... but you can't actually get it in ANY other color but GRAY!

this has to be a continuing practical joke... to see who will spend full-asking-price money on this. High price and one color combo was a novel, but odd quirk about a limited production numbered car for a year. For a second year (after the current ones are sitting on dealer lots...) is starting a BAD trend.

Even the 1988 Silver Rose Porsche 944 Turbo S special edition only went half a year before the Turbo S adopted ALL the same 944T colors, and becoming the regular production 944 Turbo specification the next year. THAT is how you move out of a limited specification into regular production.

I guess the people who like gray it isn't a problem... but what other company does this? ONE COLOR?

S4, M3, S60-R, MSP6, TSX/TL A-spec, SRT8 cars, SVT cars, Jaguar-R, Cadillac-V, or any other premium trim... EVEN the WRX STI... NO! They all come in more than one color, and some pretty nice ones, at those.

[note-to-self]It is just a rumor, it is just a rumor... it isn't for sure...[/note-to-self] I hate to get so worked up about something that is not even confirmed yet. But if SUBARU OF AMERICA reads this board, as I hear they DO... This is the righteous indignation of a FUTURE CUSTOMER. NEAR FUTURE. WITHIN THE YEAR, and I plan to buy the model we are discussing here. It is Subaru's sale to lose, at this point... I will be buying SOMETHING. it is just a matter of what...

Please don't cut yourself off at the knees with this kind of restriction.

Archived