LegacyGT.com

K2 Gear rear spoiler (FRP)...

CreoSTi

I like the look a lot - very compact and tight. Not in your sight lines and definitely not like a factory deal. Good luck with the paint out and install. Looking forward to seeing it painted/installed.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, something came today... :icon_bigg

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/specb.jpg

However, I'm leaving town at the end of the week, then I have an appointment to get a MadDad header/uppipe, Cobb catted downpipe, and Perrin crank pulley installed when I return. So, I'll hopefully be able to drop the parts off for painting in 2-3 weeks. The Urban Grey bumper is 2-3 shades too dark to match the Titanium Silver Metallic we get here in the U.S. I'm also missing a few parts from Paul (AVO), and need to get those items resolved before I can put the bumper on anyway.

-Mike-

Does it come with it's own foglight mounting hardware? Are you able to use the USDM foglights?

I'm waiting on lower fog light brackets, and then I'll be able to mount them like thatericguy did (using cable ties/velcro). The spec.B fog light has, I believe, an extra mounting point which doesn't make it an easy swap (unless I want to pay an extra couple hundred for them).

-Mike-

The JDM gray is still darker, and doesn't match the USDM Spec B. gray.

I was actually looking at it some more and in certain lighting conditions, the color appears to be pretty close. I still think the bumper is a shade or two darker, but I'll be test-fitting it sometime late next week when I return from L.A. I'll get some pictures up (although I'm still missing a few pieces for the complete install).

-Mike-

It might be close, but if it doesn't match perfectly it will look completely ghey. You obviously have the good taste and means to import a JDM Spec B. bumper, don't scrimp on a proper paint job.

I'm not saying that I'm going to leave it unmatched (if it doesn't, I'm repainting it). Rather, I'm going to test fit it and see how close/off it is. In my mind, I still think Urban Grey is a shade or two darker than Titanium Silver Metallic, but I'll definitely be finding out once I put it on the car next week.

-Mike-

Urban Grey is the color for the 2007 Spec B, so just trader your car instead of painting the bumper.

I have to have the car for at least a year before I trade it in... That's my rule. :icon_tong

-Mike-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived