LegacyGT.com

May 13th Meet/Meat and Drive

ForesterXT

buy her a relief band. best invention of all time. seriously.

she used em on a boat before and it didnt really work. made her not sick, but she felt "antsy"...

ill probly just giver her some dramamine or a Rufi-colata before the drive

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, was just a pressure cuff for each wriste basically... friends mom swears by em... if i got sea/air/car sick id judge for myself... but i have a large iron pot for a stomach so not much besides bad chinese will get me down

When is the kick-off on Saturday? Will both groups be leaving at the same time/location?

That's why I'm getting confirmation emails. There are two DIFFERENT launch points, one for the driver group, and one for the touring group. This is IMPORTANT...because I'm having this event catered, I need confirmation of the number of people in your car, which group you would like to be in, and whether or not you're staying at the hotel. There will be two comp BBQ tickets for each room booked at the hotel, and I need a head count of the rest, so we can plan accordingly.

I will EMAIL the details and locations of the meeting points. This keeps unwanted guests from showing up...namely people who like lots of pretty red and blue lights, and have "workload indicators" to meet. It also helps control the arrival of other unanticipated guests who would want to join the group.

The 'launch' time for the driver group is scheduled to be at 8:30 a.m., while the touring group will be leaving at around 9'ish. This gives us some time in case people aren't comfortable driving on the "test road" which we have planned. It will give them the chance to make it to the touring group.

buy her a relief band. best invention of all time. seriously.

Ginger root works great, as demonstrated by mythbusters :)

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

no, was just a pressure cuff for each wriste basically... friends mom swears by em... if i got sea/air/car sick id judge for myself... but i have a large iron pot for a stomach so not much besides bad chinese will get me down

the relief band i linked to is freakin amazing. buy her one or get her to buy her own. my wife used to always get car sick on twisties but now no problem. best $90 i ever spent.

I've been at Rim of the World for the last four days, so I just got all the PM's and stuff.

Thanks guys...

...and while at Rim, I ran into some old buddies...one of whom grew up in Petaluma, and MIGHT be making an appearance at the drive.

Hints: He lives his life a 1/4 mile at a time...and LOVES the beauty of All Wheel Drive. Red is his favorite color.

Thanks for putting this together. My car just got here from Jersey, and I'm very excited to get some miles on the tires. Looking forward to meeting you all too.

-Christian

MAY have to cancel, not sure yet... my friends in iraq sent me an email saying they are probably going to be back on the 12th or 13th. they didnt say if that was stateside or back here. sooo if they are supposed to get in the evening of the 13th or later im still good to come, otherwise im probly not gona make it

Last chance for emailing me confirmation. I need to finalize a list of emails so I can send out directions to the dinner, the start point of the drive or tour event, whichever you've signed up for.

So far:

1. SubiGT - Drivers

2. RippinRoo - Drivers

3. Leggnutt - Touring

4. Leggnutt's WRX friend - Touring

5. Irrational Exuberance - Touring

6. Busski - Drivers

Looks like I will still not have an intercooler for my car. I thought I would have it before last friday, but it turns out Jon is backed up. Anyway, I'm probably going to have to miss out on this now... sorry guys, looked like a ton of fun... I left that weekend clear and everything.

Looks like I will still not have an intercooler for my car. Jon at TDC promised me that I'd have it before last friday.... he hasn't even started welding them yet. Anyway, I'm probably going to have to miss out on this now... sorry guys, looked like a ton of fun... I left that weekend clear and everything.

Umm...might I suggest putting your stock i/c back on and making the meet?

You'll be kicking yourself for not coming. Trust me.

Looks like I won't be able to make it. I have to go out with my fiance to celebrate the end of her finals on Friday, and then I need the following two days to cram for my finals which begin on the following Monday. :p

-Mike-

Umm...might I suggest putting your stock i/c back on and making the meet?

You'll be kicking yourself for not coming. Trust me.

Yeah I should have done that before, but I didn't realize it was going to be so long; and now I don't have the time before the meet unfortunately... see I actually did the whole turbo swap, including ported out TGV's, injectors, plugs, 3" inlet hose, turbo, etc. etc.... so now I don't really have the time to put it all back to stock when the TDC FMIC is supposed to be here pretty soon. So yeah I shouldn't have started prematurely, but I'm not very fast with big installs so I don't think it'd be worth it for me to go through the 8 or 10 hours or whatever it would take me to undo the swap in my garage...

...oh, I don't know if you were suggesting I just put the stock intercooler on or not, but that's not really an option since my turbo is STI style and my intake manifold is LGT style. I hope you guys have a great drive, and if by some godsend I do get my intercooler over the next week I will make an extreme effort to get tuned before the drive and make it.

Well, I just had a geyser in my back yard when I tested out my sprinklers this weekend. Gonna have to spend the next couple weekends digging up the lawn. I'll pay my $8 or whatever since I am backing out on my RSVP.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Well, I just had a geyser in my back yard when I tested out my sprinklers this weekend. Gonna have to spend the next couple weekends digging up the lawn. I'll pay my $8 or whatever since I am backing out on my RSVP.

No need to pay if you have other commitments... Sorry to hear you guys can't make it. :(

Just to make sure, has everyone on the list received the email that was sent out a couple of days ago with the meet info (directions/meeting places/times)? If not, please pipe up asap... thanks! :)

Archived