LegacyGT.com

May 13th Meet/Meat and Drive

ForesterXT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i know where almost all of those shots were taken (minus the dirt road:lol:)... my dad lives in Sebastopol and works for navoto fire... hes got an older 911 and we've covered allota back roads in that... one of my favorites: little known road off 1 right by the Russian Fort, or the road from Oxidental that spits you out in bodega bay (best veiw of the ocean vie seen out here)

i think you need a detour to Oxidental, Howards Station Cafe has the worlds best pancakes. earlybirds can get there before all the anisthesiologists show up in skin tight vinyl suits on their BMW bikes.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

i think i know where almost all of those shots were taken (minus the dirt road:lol:)... my dad lives in Sebastopol and works for navoto fire... hes got an older 911 and we've covered allota back roads in that... one of my favorites: little known road off 1 right by the Russian Fort, or the road from Oxidental that spits you out in bodega bay (best veiw of the ocean vie seen out here)

i think you need a detour to Oxidental, Howards Station Cafe has the worlds best pancakes. earlybirds can get there before all the anisthesiologists show up in skin tight vinyl suits on their BMW bikes.

You are quite a few miles off as far as the pics are concerned, but the roads you mentioned will be part of the drive as well! :icon_bigg

The pictures were taken somewhere between Ukiah and Gualala btw... :icon_tong

You are quite a few miles off as far as the pics are concerned, but the roads you mentioned will be part of the drive as well! :icon_bigg

The pictures were taken somewhere between Ukiah and Gualala btw... :icon_tong

well that second to last pic is the mouth fo the russian river (either that or the Estero but theres no roads there, water access only)... and i swear to god one of the pics in the scouting thread is that onelane road between Oxidental and 1... the one thats a tiny lil turnoff just north of bodega by salmon creek beach that goes up about 1000agl right away, winds past the hippie commune, and spits you out behind the Negris restraunt in Oxidental...

either that our you found some good new territory =D

if those dirt roads are up near ukiah they must be logging roads? or private? eitherway this trip sounds badass (specialy sicne i wont have to pay to sleep down there)

i havent been out there with the legacy yet, cant wait.

Oh, I see what you mean now... you're right. :) The road in the scouting thread is indeed Coleman Valley Rd. between Occidental and Bodega Bay. The pics on the previous page were taken on Fish Rock Rd. off Hwy 128 in the Anderson Valley, and in Gualala (it's the mouth of the Gualala River, not the Russian).

In other news, we may have just garnered official SOA support for this event. Stay tuned for further details... :icon_bigg

In other news, we may have just garnered official SOA support for this event. Stay tuned for further details... :icon_bigg

Umm...you're right. We have attracted the attention of the Western Region Fixed Operations Manager, and he is sending a tent with some goodies for the end of the drive...but you have to attend the drive to find out where the swag is going to be!!

:lol:

In other news, we've had to make a slight pricing adjustment for the BBQ. The charge will now be $8/person...since the event costs are rising ~1K or so.

The pics on the previous page were taken on Fish Rock Rd. off Hwy 128 in the Anderson Valley, and in Gualala (it's the mouth of the Gualala River, not the Russian).

got me on that one >_<

coleman valley 4tw, as long as its good weather :icon_lol:

*edit*

odds are i wont be staying at the Inn (trying to convince the girly but who knows), whats the meeting time in the morning?

coleman valley 4tw, as long as its good weather :icon_lol:

When we were scouting the route there was actually snow at the top of Coleman Valley Rd., if you can believe that! I don't think I've ever seen snow here within sight of the ocean.

When we were scouting the route there was actually snow at the top of Coleman Valley Rd., if you can believe that! I don't think I've ever seen snow here within sight of the ocean.

i was down there that weekend, at Howards actually. my dad lives on Cherry Ridge Rd. (backway from Sebastopol to oxidental)near Grandveiw rd. it was pretty nutty.

we went and rolled around in his fire department Excursion... makes me glad i have a subie, there was ice everywhere.

we did want to go on Coleman Valley cause we figured it would be blocked or impassable, but it bet it was gorgeous by the old schoolhouse in that lil village (blanking on the name). it kidna reminded me of england heh, greer w/ a dusting of snow.

the old man was not impressed by the now though, he lvied in oxidental in 74(?) and they got 2-3 feet of snow... ill try to gib the pictures from him and scan em... its impressive.

Well, if you stay at the Inn, then you can show up for the dinner the night before (in Sebastopol @ the Sebastopol Brewing Co. fka Powerhouse Brewery), you don't have to worry about driving all the way back to Sacramento that night (a couple hours from the end point), AND you get two free passes to the BBQ event.

Well, if you stay at the Inn, then you can show up for the dinner the night before (in Sebastopol @ the Sebastopol Brewing Co. fka Powerhouse Brewery), you don't have to worry about driving all the way back to Sacramento that night (a couple hours from the end point), AND you get two free passes to the BBQ event.

ill probly just crash at my dads house, I'm sure they'll wana go get free wine on my gas since I won't drink a sip then drive (had a friend lose 4 members of his family to a driver at .06 so I just don't do it) and I'm not ready for a power drive heh. need to do some solo driving to get used to the lgt before I get to aggressive in driving. don't wana hold anyone back either.besides some of my fav roads are up by jack london, I'm used to driving them in the boat (dodge dakota)

Is the event open to non-subaru vehicles with turbo-subaru power?

I have a Porsche 914 with a WRX engine in it - and this looks like fun tour.... Of course - I also have a Legacy GT wagon... :icon_twis

Umm...if I remember the 914 correctly...

...unless you have full body armor underneath...complete floor pan skid plate...this may not really be the car you want to bring.

Legacy GT wagon has enough clearance...

Umm...if I remember the 914 correctly...

...unless you have full body armor underneath...complete floor pan skid plate...this may not really be the car you want to bring.

Legacy GT wagon has enough clearance...

Yeah - the 914 is a pavement and track machine. I was confused - somone mentioned there was a pavement-only route above.

Not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it yet, but I'll let you know!

will a low legacy be cool?

Not to discourage anyone but the roads were pretty rough in some places. I was having so much fun I threw caution into the wind. Apparently it isn't likely that anyone will be any lower than me.

Umm...he's in a SLAMMED Legacy GT wagon ('01??), riding on H&R springs.

If your tires are tucked under the rear wheel well, then you're almost as low as he is. Amazingly enough, he survived... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

We're ending near Lake Sonoma.

The dinner on Friday is confirmed @ the Sebastopol Brewing Company.

Here's a list of people from this board that have expressed interest:

1. RippinRoo

2. Flanders

3. daswrx

4. leggnutt

5. warnoldscu

6. Irrational Exuberance

7. fiid

Let's add that to the 6 WRX's and STi's that we have joining us, and add in some Foresters...and I believe I have one RX-8 who's been invited to play.

I would like confirmation emails ASAP, so I can plan the rest of the event (food, etc.) based on who's coming. In your email, please specify which group you want to be in, how many people in your car, and whether or not you can make it to the Friday evening dinner. I would also appreciate a mention of what kind of car you're bringing.

email address: gregory (@) subaruforester (.) org

Thanks.

I need a time for friday dinner to know if I can make it. I won't be able to get out of sac til about 5-6

*edit*forgot to mention I did some mashing around near dry creek road this weekend, was awesome. they had some crews out fixing pothole (score!). ill try to post some pics when I get home. I also discovered.my.girlfriend gets carsick... dramamine for the win

Just had a cancellation at home, so count my 05 LGT WGN 5MT with one passenger in. Sent email.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

When is the kick-off on Saturday? Will both groups be leaving at the same time/location?
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I need a time for friday dinner to know if I can make it. I won't be able to get out of sac til about 5-6

*edit*forgot to mention I did some mashing around near dry creek road this weekend, was awesome. they had some crews out fixing pothole (score!). ill try to post some pics when I get home. I also discovered.my.girlfriend gets carsick... dramamine for the win

buy her a relief band. best invention of all time. seriously.

Archived