LegacyGT.com

Brrrrrmmmmm.... BOOOM!!!!.... F%^$!!!!!

Aczwild

Damnnit I had a big casualty tonight and I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!! I thought the damn engine blew or something. Scared the bejesus outta me and every swear word flew outta my mouth. Luckily I was only 5 mins away from campus heading to go night skiing 1 hr away.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC00980.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC00981.jpg

I dont have access to a jack here and tomorrow I'll have to order a replacement Cat piece so I can drive home in 2 weeks to Vermont. Hopefully it falls below the $359.00 asking price for the high-flow cat assembly from Stromung on boxer4racing.com, if not, looks like I'll have a reason to pick it up. Here's to being without a car for a while :(

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

No I didnt, I didnt want to risk having the Cat coming down and catching a pot hole and destroying more shiat. Besides since the exhaust is now cut off right after the headers, the car is ridiculously loud and clunky. It's just gonna have to sit in the school parking lot till I can get in a replacement and a jack and a place to pull it inside to do the work cuz I dont want to have to pay the muffler shop to do it, which might mean I have to drive it home to Vermont in 2 weeks on the 3.5 hr trip with the loudest of all exhausts and pittiful gas milage. This also means I'll have to sqeeze under the car and use coat hangers to secure the cat piece

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

A similar thing happened to my wifes Pathfinder a few weeks ago. I went to Autozone and bought a 4" pipe and some liquidd weld and inserted the pipe into the open ends to rejoin them. Granted it's a temporary fix, but it worked like a charm for $5.00. Might be just enough to get you home to Vermont. The trick is finding the right diameter so it's a snug fit reconnecting them.
- The Mortgage Man

A similar thing happened to my wifes Pathfinder a few weeks ago. I went to Autozone and bought a 4" pipe and some liquidd weld and inserted the pipe into the open ends to rejoin them. Granted it's a temporary fix, but it worked like a charm for $5.00. Might be just enough to get you home to Vermont. The trick is finding the right diameter so it's a snug fit reconnecting them.
Thats a damn good idea, thanks alot!

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Very helpful.

Acz- maybe this is a good time for a straight pipe? :D:icon_twis

I might go that route too, I know people who will pass it for an inspection, however I think I found a free one, but we'll see :icon_twis This could be the beginning of some fun

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

http://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/images/SoupCanS.jpg+http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6058721.JPG+http://www.designboom.com/history/wirehangers/h12.gif

Works better if break is on the pipe itself (I have done this more then once). Good luck.:icon_wink

I wouldnt suggest welding it back together unless you've got experience welding. For one, you might just shock the hell out of yourself if you dont properly ground the welder, and for 2, you wouldn't think it would be that hard to weld the top portion of the pipe until you get under the car in your driveway and try it... most muffler shops will do a sleeve for $20 tops (they will try to convince you to replace the pipe) but just DENY their asses and get a sleeve put on.

on second thought, cut that resonator off, get a high flow cat, and have a muffler shop put some stainless tubes up there

Well looks like I found a free one over on the RalliTEK forum, which is sweet and when I get back to VT I'm gonna cut the flanges off the ends of the pipe and grind off the existing welds and then try to locate a pipe bender to make it catless. I can weld (tig, and mig), but I'm not gonna try to weld that back together since I'm getting another for free (besides shipping from Oregon).

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Sorry man this sucks. I dont know if its any consolation but I almost got nailed by a drunk driver that ran a stop sign. I like to take this moment to brag about my driving skills....and fortuate luck!
Been there and done that. I've had quite a few scares in my GT from idiot drivers and thats why I put the Hella Supertones Horns and 4 Hella Driving lights on, they know when they've F'd up

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Thats awesome.
I can guarantee you they arent thinking that after I've let them have it :D. I snuck up on my brother one night while he was driving home and let him have it, when we got home he was so pissed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

They arent like a semi, but they have the punch, you have to make sure you are getting the ones made in Germany for the Autobahn tho, those are the loudest. Its really hard to describe what they sound like, but when you hit them, everybody else knows it

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Been there and done that. I've had quite a few scares in my GT from idiot drivers and thats why I put the Hella Supertones Horns and 4 Hella Driving lights on, they know when they've F'd up

Where are did you get them and how much?

I found them for

85115 for $73.00 shipped within the lower 48 states (300/500HZ)

85315 for $63.00 shipped within the lower 48 states (300/375HZ)

http://iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37883

Well, I picked up the stuff hondas123 recommended at the new Autozone here in town and now all I have to do is sneak my car into the garage bay here at school. For some reason they arent supposed to be letting cars in there right now, but the door is unlocked and all I have to do is push the button to make the door go up. If I get caught tho I'm boned, so here's to sneaking the car in there at 2am tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks again hondas123!

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived