LegacyGT.com

3M Protective Film & Baby's first bath

lag

Completly stock '06 LGT with 3M Film. Was a great day weather-wise to wash her. Also showing my first LGT that I traded with 100% less turbo but the intercooler scoop to mock me :icon_mad:.
Please tell me you kept the headlights....

I have a '97 GT with the USDM

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

http://www.mishield.com/productsearch.asp?prevyear=2006&prevmake=36&prevmodel=621&prevsubmodel=4132&prevseries=0&year=2006&make=36&model=621&submodel=4132&series=1002

from the link posted above: show prices for the different kits.

I got my done at the dealer because #1 I didn't have the time/patients in the for seeable future to do it myself #2 being a brand new car I didn't want to chance f'ing up the paint... we all know how good the paint is from factory :lol:

and #3 because they were having a discount on it in Jan. and I got $100 off on top of the discount for installation. It came to ~$900 all together, so they only made a little over $300 over the price of the kit on that site. Do I think it's worth it? If it holds up the way it's supposed to I will.

Two days after I bought the car I went out for lunch and there was allot of dirt and such on the road being kicked up... so when I got back from lunch was when I made the appointment to get it done. Should be an option on every car from the factory or dealer.

And no I didn't keep the JDM lights. The '98 sprung THE oil leak between the oil pump and front of the block. I spent most of my new years week end to fix it... and it still leaked. I spent the following weekend fixing it... and it still leaked. If I had a cliff near my house the car would have gone off of it. For me, the trouble of replacing the USDM lights wasn't worth whatever I could sell the JDM lights for. I should have sold the car on ebay to get more $ for it, but I just didn't want to look at it any longer and I have no regrets of getting rid of it.

http://www.mishield.com/productsearch.asp?prevyear=2006&prevmake=36&prevmodel=621&prevsubmodel=4132&prevseries=0&year=2006&make=36&model=621&submodel=4132&series=1002

from the link posted above: show prices for the different kits.

I got my done at the dealer because #1 I didn't have the time/patients in the for seeable future to do it myself #2 being a brand new car I didn't want to chance f'ing up the paint... we all know how good the paint is from factory :lol:

and #3 because they were having a discount on it in Jan. and I got $100 off on top of the discount for installation. It came to ~$900 all together, so they only made a little over $300 over the price of the kit on that site. Do I think it's worth it? If it holds up the way it's supposed to I will.

Two days after I bought the car I went out for lunch and there was allot of dirt and such on the road being kicked up... so when I got back from lunch was when I made the appointment to get it done. Should be an option on every car from the factory or dealer.

And no I didn't keep the JDM lights. The '98 sprung THE oil leak between the oil pump and front of the block. I spent most of my new years week end to fix it... and it still leaked. I spent the following weekend fixing it... and it still leaked. If I had a cliff near my house the car would have gone off of it. For me, the trouble of replacing the USDM lights wasn't worth whatever I could sell the JDM lights for. I should have sold the car on ebay to get more $ for it, but I just didn't want to look at it any longer and I have no regrets of getting rid of it.

Damn thats sad to hear, but at least you now have a sweet car outta all of that.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

The piece on the hood does go back to the scoop. Not sure how you got yours done so cheap, but if it's the exact same stuff as mine im jeleous :-). What pieces did they do and how much was labor <-- that's where most of my cost came in. Labor up here is commonly $80+ an hour.

the piece on my hood is shaped like this \_____/

it is about a foot short of the scoop; it was from 3M (i saw the backing), but apparently the hood piece differs from yours, as well as the kit shown in the link you provided. all the other pieces appear to be the same. is your bumper kit one solid piece all the way across? mine has separate L/R pieces and has a seam in the middle, purportedly b/c attempting one piece around the curve would cause bubbling or a fold.....but you can't see the seam unless you are trying.

as i said, $480 was the price installed -- don't know the breakdown on parts vs. labor. i tipped the guy $40 b/c he made some pieces from extra film he had to fit over my headlamps for free b/c he wanted to try it

ya, looks good. i installed mine myself but wont do it again. looked like trash! i'm planning to have it done professionally soon when i have the front end redone (had a fender bender this week).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived