LegacyGT.com

My Legacy GT V8!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I have been told that those logs are useless- unfortunately I recorded the wrong data. :)

I am going to do another set of logs tonight, and post them around 8pm or so. I am going to delete the logs above so as not to waste anyone's time.

I thought this log was useful. I now know that I am not the only other Subaru that has been over the speed limit. Are you going to post 89MPH in this new log?

Actually, I have been told that those logs are useless- unfortunately I recorded the wrong data. :)

I am going to do another set of logs tonight, and post them around 8pm or so. I am going to delete the logs above so as not to waste anyone's time.

OK, logs attached. I *think* I grabbed everything Edmundo asked for. One thing that seems troubling to me right of the bat is the IAM seems frozen at .88 (I checked all the other hex addresses, and this was the only one that has a logical number in it. Everything else was -0 or a huge number like 8743434434535e-1)

I think, from what I have read, that this would be a bad thing.

Anyway, 2 runs attached: one is a normal traffic drive, and the other is a WOT run. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated- it's going into the shop on Monday for an oil change, and I plan to have them check the mileage at the same time VIA a consumption test. I'd love to give them something to look for, other than "crap mileage."

TO VIEW ATTACHMENTS, DOWNLOAD AND CHANGE EXTENSION TO ".csv"

NORMAL_rename_as_CSV!.pdf

WOT_rename_as_CSV!.pdf

OK, logs attached. I *think* I grabbed everything Edmundo asked for. One thing that seems troubling to me right of the bat is the IAM seems frozen at .88 (I checked all the other hex addresses, and this was the only one that has a logical number in it. Everything else was -0 or a huge number like 8743434434535e-1)

I think, from what I have read, that this would be a bad thing.

Anyway, 2 runs attached: one is a normal traffic drive, and the other is a WOT run. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated- it's going into the shop on Monday for an oil change, and I plan to have them check the mileage at the same time VIA a consumption test. I'd love to give them something to look for, other than "crap mileage."

TO VIEW ATTACHMENTS, DOWNLOAD AND CHANGE EXTENSION TO ".csv"

Have you called ahead about the fuel consumption test? They gave me a really hard time about getting one done. Once they finally performed the test, they didn't care that it said 16.8mpg city/highway--they were determined that it's fine.

My wife actually called to set up the appointment today. They told her, "well, all cars get worse mileage in the winter" and then she dropped the 10.6 number, and that got their attention.

I hope someone can look at these logs and tell me what's going on before I go in. I'm guessing the answer is in there somewhere, and I'd much rather be able to point it out to the dealer than get a "it's within spec!" reply.

Have you called ahead about the fuel consumption test? They gave me a really hard time about getting one done. Once they finally performed the test, they didn't care that it said 16.8mpg city/highway--they were determined that it's fine.

Mango- Sorry to hear that this is still happening! I don't see how "winter gas" or anything else weather related has to do with this. I reved to redline as often as I could going to the freeway (5 mins from my house), I then drove in Seattle rush hour for 20 mins (60-40-20-30-10-0-10-30-etc...) and then around Seattle with the GF in regular driving conditions for 10 mins (shifted at about 4.5 RPM or so) and then back on the freeway for 10 mins at about 68 MPH cruise or so. I get 20.3 or so. I can't figure out what their "test drive" included though. Could you ride along and see? Even if I HAMMER it solidly (redline 80% of my shifts) mixed in with a bit of regular city driving/highway, I can't get BELOW 17 MPG. Just weird man...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Mango- Sorry to hear that this is still happening! I don't see how "winter gas" or anything else weather related has to do with this. I reved to redline as often as I could going to the freeway (5 mins from my house), I then drove in Seattle rush hour for 20 mins (60-40-20-30-10-0-10-30-etc...) and then around Seattle with the GF in regular driving conditions for 10 mins (shifted at about 4.5 RPM or so) and then back on the freeway for 10 mins at about 68 MPH cruise or so. I get 20.3 or so. I can't figure out what their "test drive" included though. Could you ride along and see? Even if I HAMMER it solidly (redline 80% of my shifts) mixed in with a bit of regular city driving/highway, I can't get BELOW 17 MPG. Just weird man...

I just realized a few days ago that because of SoA and the dealership, I'm starting to be afraid to use boost. I used to be all over it and now I'm hesitant to push it hard because I feel like I'm going to drop back down to 13.6mpg.

I'm ready to be done with Subaru on the basis that they completely ignore my problem and act as if I'm being irrational. I love the car, but if this is the service that I'm paying for...forget it. If I'm going to get a car that is broken I might as well get an Audi... :icon_roll

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, but I will say this. Recently, when having my car detailed and some warranty service, I was given an 06 LGT loaner with the 5eat auto trans. I've gotta say the gas mileage was much worse with the auto (16-17mpg) vs. my 5spd manual (23-27mpg)

Interesting...did you reset the trip odometer?

Is anyone with a 5EAT getting decent fuel mileage?

By the way, I'll wait a few tanks before posting a big update but as for my latest tank of 92 octane:

233 miles total (the first 80 were highway), assume 15.0 gallons used (I put 15.2 or 15.3 gallons in it) = 15.33mpg.

Sorry to hear about your gas mileage issues. I recently picked up my new specb and I am averaging about 21 mpg with about a 50/50 split for city and highway driving. I dont think that anyone here thinks that their legacy gts will get the 26 mpg posted on the sticker, but yours is seriously below what should be reasonably expected with even spirited driving.

Archived