LegacyGT.com

Scion xB as daily driver. opinions?

I am planning on getting a Scion xB as my new daily driver. Before I buy I wanted to know what you guys think about it.

I personally like the look of it and with a few mods I think it'll look great. When I drove it I thought that it wasn't all that bad. Plus, I can't help but smile whenever I see one.

So, tell me what you think.

Here's how i plan on modding it. probably different color and rims.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3071/rackscionara19en.jpg

As for the legacy.. it'll be my "weekend" car.. lol. I need something that I can share and has more room in the back for my junk. Plus something that can run on regular gas and still make 30+ mpg

I think it looks nice when modded, and I can't really think of another car in that class, for that price tat will get you that box look. If t is your daily driver, why even mod it? It'll probably be quicker unmodded beause I don;t think there is much that you can do to that little engine to make it have more balls.

X

---

Well, I'm not a fan of them AT ALL....BUT....my 63 year old father has one. I couldn't believe it when he sent me an email telling me he bought one. Anyhow, I did have the opportunity to drive it and I was somewhat impressed. It was REALLY REALLY roomy inside. Tons of legroom both front and back. The driving position was great, plenty of visiblility and no blind spots. The seats are very comfortable and the stereo wasn't too bad at all. A lot of headroom as well. (I'm 6'4) It didn't feel significantly under powered, it cruised quite easily at 80 mph on the highway, albeit there was quit a bit of engine buzzing. It's great on gas, he's averaging 35+ mpg. I personally wouldn't consider one because I don't like the looks, but it does seem like a practical, dependable (Toyota) vehicle.
- The Mortgage Man

I think those are great daily drivers. I know several people that have them, one person even in the black cherry color mentioned before; it is GREAT on gas mileage, does okay as far as performance. What do you expect a 100 horsepower 4 cylinder to do? :lol: If I had a super modded LGT, I believe the xB would be my #1 pick for a daily driver. It has plenty of utility...it IS a box, it's "cool", has an awesome array of sound system options, etc.

if you want to own a fad... then go for it. i know one person who bought a scion. and they said if they had a second chance they wouldnt. if you want i could tape a refrigerator box to a bycicle and make it look the same.

in all honesty... dont do it!

take the miles u would save off the lgt and divide by mpg and times by $3.00. take the price of the toaster/astro van love child add gas (miles divided mpg times $2.58) add insurance add price of mods to make the toaster/astro love child cool. as see where it leaves u. how many years will it take to save that amount of money by owning it? and do u really think it will give you that much more space? what, is the area behind the seats 3 inches long? if you jsut need room, get a pickup or a mini van

Woot! There are actually people on this board who like the xB!:lol:

if you want to own a fad... then go for it.

take the miles u would save off the lgt and divide by mpg and times by $3.00. take the price of the toaster/astro van love child add gas (miles divided mpg times $2.58) add insurance add price of mods to make the toaster/astro love child cool. as see where it leaves u. how many years will it take to save that amount of money by owning it? and do u really think it will give you that much more space? what, is the area behind the seats 3 inches long? if you jsut need room, get a pickup or a mini van

Right now I drive a 01 Toyota 4Runner and that things gets about 17 mpg. I cringe whenever I have to refill it. I'll probably trade it in becuase I never liked SUV's and there's no point for me to have such a big car. The xB is just the right size.

I know the the xB is kind-of 'fad'ish but I just can't see myself driving a Civic instead. Even if it becomes unpopular I'll still like it.

I am assuming you have an LGT as well or you wouldnt be on this board?

reconsidering whether I should get it or not. I'm on this board because I wanted to know the car, ask questions, see what owners liked/disliked, see the problems.. researching to make it easier. Sti or Legacy? lol.. let's discuss the xB:lol:

If it is your daily driver, why even mod it?

X

I definitly won't be trying to make it faster. just rims, springs, and the bike rack up top and i'll be happy.

As for the Fit and the Nissan Cube.. I don't really like the way they look but I don't know about performance. TopGear had the Cube on their show and they didn't like it. Their mother's liked the Fit though.. (their mother's tested the car. comparison between the Fit and two other European cars.).

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/MINI/100595808/20026598-E.jpg

It would cost a few grand more (~17k for the non-S), but how about a Mini Cooper as a daily driver?

Archived