LegacyGT.com

Ticketed For Illegal Tint in MA.

Bretm1

To the person who said people of out of state cars don't pay their NY tickets. That's fine. NY assigned drivers of out of state licenses NY client ID numbers when they don't show up for court and suspends their right to drive in the state of NY if they fail to show. That means when I pull you over and you hand me your out of state license, I always run you in the state of NY, if you pop as suspended, you get to come w/ me to jail.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bret, I would take it to court for the tint ticket.

Thanks Dawgs. I will give it a try. The trooper even mentioned that if I take pics of the tint before/after etc. that I may be given some consideration if my record is OK(which it is). I'll advise.

This is not my beautiful car.

To the person who said people of out of state cars don't pay their NY tickets. That's fine. NY assigned drivers of out of state licenses NY client ID numbers when they don't show up for court and suspends their right to drive in the state of NY if they fail to show. That means when I pull you over and you hand me your out of state license, I always run you in the state of NY, if you pop as suspended, you get to come w/ me to jail.

Are you state or local??? I got stopped two years ago on 495 about 5-6 miles east of the mid-town. I was lasered by a state guy (very nice man) in one of those undercover z28's. It was pre-legacy. Do they still use those z's? I contested it in Nassau county. They took it down a couple notches. I was happy.

Not to complain (but I will) but the speed limit was 55 on a three lane major highway(495). That made it "seem" even worse. Have they raised that limit yet?

No hard feelings either way. :)

Which precinct do you work at?

NYPD.

I have someone from my hometown (Bourne, Ma) named Billy who finished the NYPD academy about 2 years ago. He works in that area as well. Big loud mouthed-jar-head looking type of guy. Also a Ma. Air Natl. Guardsmen. Tell him I said hi.

There is a police supply store on Metropolitan(I think) that I stop at to by memorial stuff from every time I'm in town.

I must say that the New York City drivers go out of their way to help confused Mass. drivers. I get lost like you read about everytime I go to the city(it is friggin huge) and I've been going there for about 10 years.

I thought horn-blowing was illegal-It looks like it has made a comeback(kind of like the Red Sox:icon_wink

Thanks Dawgs. I will give it a try. The trooper even mentioned that if I take pics of the tint before/after etc. that I may be given some consideration if my record is OK(which it is). I'll advise.

Def fight it, if you have fixed the tint to the magistrates approval it will usually be dismissed. Although if he/she sees the back window is still dark, you may have a problem. When you go try to park so it will be difficult to see the back window. :)

Back Windows? I'm 100% positive of this because I'm currently taking a class for my Mass Inspection Lics. In Massachusetts you MUST have 1 visiable ways of looking at the rear of your car...lets list them

1. Drivers side mirror+center(dash) Mirror (in this case rear window can't be tinted below 35%, because you need to look though it with the mirror)

2. Drivers side mirror+passangers side mirror

As long as your Legacy has a passangers side mirror, and it does then that back window, can be as dark as you want. The rear passenger windows can only be 35%, like the front two

Yes, you don't need a rear center view mirror or even a window there at all if you have two side view mirrors. Thats how they sell box vans or conversion vans without any windows on the rear doors. I.E. TV repair man or plumber's van.

I know but until they do something stupid to get pulled over they can just keep racking up those parking tickets right? Just curious :) Maybe i'll ask my cousin but he's a rookie in the Bronx.

I know but until they do something stupid to get pulled over they can just keep racking up those parking tickets right? Just curious :) Maybe i'll ask my cousin but he's a rookie in the Bronx.

1. Out of state cars are a red flag, you're getting no courtesy from me and from alot of other officers. I know why they are here w/ those cars, cheaper insurance, well good, that means they have money left over to pay the tickets. If not, then license will be suspended and when I arrest them, that means now I make money on arrest overtime.

2. If you're cousin is a rookie, the most you're gonna get outta him is that his legs hurt from walking a footpost for 8 hrs a day.

2. If you're cousin is a rookie, the most you're gonna get outta him is that his legs hurt from walking a footpost for 8 hrs a day.

lol:lol:

At least he got in before the new ridiculous starting salary.

Can someone tell me what they think of the 3M CS tint?

3M color stable. I was told it was the "best on the market."

I'd like to get some feedback before this stuff gets stuck to my new legacy.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I'm getting a pretty good deal becase I've brought 4 cars to this guy in the last year but at the same time I want the best for my new baby.

thanks

• 4 months later...

Archived