LegacyGT.com

Ticketed For Illegal Tint in MA.

Bretm1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if your getting pulled over ever and you have illegal tint roll down both of your front windows, it's worked for me. I have 15% all around, and in colorado they leave tickets on your car for illegal tint. There $10 tickets but still suck. Instead of removing your tint go with another option, mirror tint is nice(alot of money) but looks nice. I have a layer of 40% mirror and a strip of 20% black tint alll around my car, but I got hooked up for $180 total. Jazz it up in colorado is an excellent place to get your windows tinted

Dude, PA system, they are in the all law enforcement vehicles. I not saying all Cops are smart, but safe one usually use the PA to tell the driver to lower its windows.

you really want some cop talking over his PA in front of your house at 3am?

thats a hell of way to wake up!!:lol: :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

:cool: I looked at my ticket today. It was written that the rear windows read 15% on the meter "excessively dark" Front "ok" at 40%. I thought the fronts were 35 so its kind of weird that they read "lighter" at 40. The fronts must actually be 50. At least their legal. I just want to make sure I re-install the same tint on the back .The backs I have found were(are) 20% in which the 15% reading makes sense.

I have also gotten used to having tints and hate not having it.

.............life on the edge. what a rebel i am;)

This is not my beautiful car.

Ah, good point, but explain suv's tints then? Btw, usually on a car stop, law enforcement personal usually ask the driver to lower all the windows and turn on the interior lights. Folks if you do have tint and get pull over do this anyway. :)

Yep, you can SUVs from the factory with limo-ike tint on the windows behind the driver.

MA is weird in that here in MI, and other states I've lived in, the only problems are with the drive & passenger side windows. You could paint the rest of the windows black if you want.

Ron

is it true that if the car is not registered in the state that you are in, they can not pull you over for that state's tint laws. I think I read that somewhere. My car is registered in NY but I'm driving it in Boston. I'm 75% sure on this.

Yes, it's true......basically. They can still be a-holes and give you a ticket, but you can handle it in court. But then, most people won't do the court route, so the local revenue machine just keeps chugging along.

Ron

Yes, it's true......basically. They can still be a-holes and give you a ticket, but you can handle it in court. But then, most people won't do the court route, so the local revenue machine just keeps chugging along.

Your WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

an officer cannot ticket an out state registered vehicle for an inspection/ regristration/tint/exhaust issue.

wher e do you get your info? chief wiggum?:confused:

Your WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

an officer cannot ticket an out state registered vehicle for an inspection/ regristration/tint/exhaust issue.

wher e do you get your info? chief wiggum?:confused:

BS!!

Cops are not expected to know the laws of every state. I was hassled about my tint when I was stopped out-of-state. Per their state laws, which you may have violated, they can ticket you. It is up to you to fight it in court.

Join the NMA (National Motorists Association......http://www.motorists.org/) I'm a Lifetime Member.

Ron

did you get a ticket?

I didnt think so!

Only for speeding. He could have ticketed for the tint.

If you are in a given state (or country, for that matter), you are subject to their laws. If I was being an a-hole during the stop, thwey very well could have legitimately given a ticket for the tint.

If you wish to go on the belief that you are immune to that states law, good luck to you.

if your state allows medical marijuana, and you get caught with a bag of weed in a state that doesn't, whaddya think is gonna happen? Traffic laws are no different.

Ron

:confused: what the hell does weed have to do with traffic laws?:confused:

so your saying that if my car its 14" inches (Legal in NH) from the center bumper beam to the ground, and I travel to mass where there law is 15" I can get a ticket? hahahahahaha NO! You need to do a search. Google is a good start.

if you read the laws regarding tinting you will see that it applys to vehicles who are registered within the state. As do all laws regarding inspection and registration. That cop had no right to threaten you with a ticket.

yes they can we were in boston one night in a buddies pickup and got pulled over for tint the truck was registered to N.H. The cop handed him a 50 dollar ticket

i think

is it true that if the car is not registered in the state that you are in, they can not pull you over for that state's tint laws. I think I read that somewhere. My car is registered in NY but I'm driving it in Boston. I'm 75% sure on this.
check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

:confused: what the hell does weed have to do with traffic laws?:confused:

so your saying that if my car its 14" inches (Legal in NH) from the center bumper beam to the ground, and I travel to mass where there law is 15" I can get a ticket? hahahahahaha NO! You need to do a search. Google is a good start.

if you read the laws regarding tinting you will see that it applys to vehicles who are registered within the state. As do all laws regarding inspection and registration. That cop had no right to threaten you with a ticket.

DUH...laws are laws (now, isn't that a profound statement!!).

Traffic laws are no different from other laws. When you are stopped, you are fair game for anything in the penal code for that state.

Yes, he can still give you a ticket for whatever is in the list of laws. You have to go to court to disprove it.

This is life........if you don't beleve it, just make sure that you carry your lawyer's phone # in your wallet.

Ron

yes they can we were in boston one night in a buddies pickup and got pulled over for tint the truck was registered to N.H. The cop handed him a 50 dollar ticket

i think

Your buddy should of fight it or just not pay it.

DUH...laws are laws (now, isn't that a profound statement!!).

Traffic laws are no different from other laws. When you are stopped, you are fair game for anything in the penal code for that state.

Yes, he can still give you a ticket for whatever is in the list of laws. You have to go to court to disprove it.

This is life........if you don't beleve it, just make sure that you carry your lawyer's phone # in your wallet.

Dude, Traffic law is under the guide lines of VTL Law it is not in the Penal Code. VTL is not a crime just a violation. Its is different for DWI or vehicle Manslaughter or reckless endangerment, they are under the penal code. Just like getting a speeding ticket in a different state, if you don't paid for the summons, you could still drive in your state, but once you cross over to the state of the summon that was issued your ass is theirs.

Important fact folks if you do get a tint summons you only get one summon. Not for all windows that are tinted. I know for a fact that is true in NYS, don't know about any other state.

When I told the tinter I wanted to be compliant with the MA state laws he suggested 40% for the front two and 35% for the rest. He did mention that the factory tint will lower those values a little but that I should be in good shape. Also, he said the 40 and 35 are close enough that all the windows will look like they're tinted the same - especially since the (untinted) front windshield makes the front side windows look a little lighter anyway. I think the original poster got nabbed because 15% with the additional factory tint was just too far past the mark.

And I must say, having had it on the car for a year and a half, I quite like the 35-ish tint. It reduces the glare, keeps the car a bit cooler in the summer, provides a reasonable level of privacy and changes the look of the wagon just enough. And, I can still see out the back during nighttime parking lot maneuvers (no pun intended).

Thats incorrect. Out of state vehicles are fair game in the state of NY for all vtl laws, the only ones they are exempt from are parking summonses. You cannot write a parking summons for expired reg for an out of state car. But if I view you operating that vehicle and your reg is expired, you will get a summons for unregistered vehicle and it will be upheld, as it is regularly when I'm in traffic court. We have a huge problem w/ people committing insurance fraud and driving PA, NJ, FL, GA, etc plates in NY although they use the vehicle fulltime in NY.

We have a huge problem w/ people committing insurance fraud and driving PA, NJ, FL, GA, etc plates in NY although they use the vehicle fulltime in NY.

Its freaking annoying!! Most of these people can't even meet the requirements to get registered in NY. The parking exemption has to change! I see these people parking illegally, on side walks even and you guys don't write them tickets. Some of the cars look completely rundown and unsafe too. Its a little upsetting :( It would be great if you guys could enforce like you do in Manhattan, watching an FL plate get towed in Manhattan is always a hilight of my day :D

Its freaking annoying!! Most of these people can't even meet the requirements to get registered in NY. The parking exemption has to change! I see these people parking illegally, on side walks even and you guys don't write them tickets. Some of the cars look completely rundown and unsafe too. Its a little upsetting :( It would be great if you guys could enforce like you do in Manhattan, watching an FL plate get towed in Manhattan is always a hilight of my day :D

One word Quoter

I have been in the window tinting industry for some 30+ years in Australia and can offer some imput here although I don't know your particular state laws on tinting.

Most manufacturers of film USA based are now making films lighter than the normal 50, 35, 20% light transmissions as they realise films are being applied to glass that is generally pre-tinted at the car manufacturer's plant.

I don't understand the need to go darker than anything that is much heavier than a 35% film. The solar rejections are not a quantum leap better to justify the dramatic reduction in visible light transmission.

I have 35% all round my Liberty (Legacy) and it looks wonderful. Not too dark and certainly not too light...class is the word.

Cops enforcing laws are doing it for 2 reasons.

1. Especially in a gun happy society like the USA, they want to see who is in there and who might be armed before they pull over the occupants.

2. They are protecting the very people who buy these black films from themselves. Dark films are unsafe to drive with due to the loss of light and other drivers can't see the facial intentions of drivers.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if you wear a set of sunnies at night, add a horrible wet and rainy condition too and say you can see to the sides and rear as well as if nothing was on there....then you answer the situation yourself.

The more fines the better but to be fair the installers should be the ones copping the worst fines as they allow it to go on.

Tell the tint installer to pay it!

Rob.

F that!! Facial intentions? Open the F-ing window if you can't see. I don't need to see anyone's face
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Rob, well put.

Years ago I read a book by Sterling Moss - one of the most talented race drivers ever. Formula car drivers get a lot of respect in general because they're a lot more dangerous than sedan racing. Moss raced everything from Formula I to rallies.

He mentioned that he used hand signals to signal his intentions. A good example was when he was approaching an intersection and intended to turn. By signaling, he freed a driver waiting at that side road to continue on. It works great.

In road racing, it is quite normal to signal to overtaking cars in faster classes where you want them to pass you. You're not racing with them and vice versa: you could each hold the other up.

If there is a spinout or other course instruction you are taught to put your arm straight up in a fist. I do this when I'm on a two lane road and a pedestrian is crossing. It helps alert following drivers that I'm stopped in a lane with no signal for a reason, and they're more likely to stop instead of passing me in the other lane and taking out grandma.

It appears there are so drivers who are so uneducated, so impatient, so selfish, and so just plain angry who don't believe that other vehicles are operated by human beings and act accordingly.

Eventually, such drivers collect enough tickets - or have enough crashes - to face the reality that their driving skills really aren't very good and their driving style is very bad. IN MA and NH there are now unmarked cars with video cameras detailed to rush hour traffic to video tape their antics. If their conduct is egregious enough I often call the SP and report they are driving erratically.

Coxx, from your statement you sound like such aa person. I sure hope I'm wrong. All I have to go on is your statement here.

All this wasted testosterone when the 82nd Airborne Division needs paratroopers!.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived