LegacyGT.com

Black body parts

GTIan

I've searched and couldn't find specifically what I'm looking for.

I've got a silver gt (non-llimited) wagon and I'm looking to add some black accents.

Door rubstrips and rear valance between the exhaust tips like on the sedan (but haven't seen any wagons with this). This is in addition to tinted windows, mirror side blinkers, high mount brake light and reverse lights. And possibly black front lip spoiler.

Also looking at getting hyper black, or anthracite/gunmetal wheels.

Coming from a 20th Anniversary GTI in Imola Yellow which I didn't want to look too much like a bumble bee, but I think the right amount of black on a silver car would look good.

Any chances of this happenning, or am I out of my mind?

what size wheels are u lookin to get

Looking at 17's for less weight, cheaper tires, and more rim protection from the potholes. I had 18's w/ 225/40 on the GTI and didn't have any problems, but I was always worried.

I was planning on doing the same thing to the rear bumper of my wagon. I have started to add black to my Atlantic Blue car. I painted my fog light covers semi-gloss black and I'm getting my RBS front lip semi-gloss black at the sunday meet:) . I have to find a paint shop to paint the back. I will also post pictures after the meet so you can see how it turns out.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If these are what I think they are, DON'T do it.

I am talking about the rubstrips on the front and back doors. Should I not to it beccause they are difficult to get the old ones off and the new ones on? On VW's they weren't that difficult to swap out, that's why I was thinking about doing it.

I"ve got an ATB wagon. just removed and painted the front grill satin black (the whole thing) and the same for the rear lip on the wagon. However we taped off the back end to do the lip because we didn't know how to remove it. I'll post a separate thread to get the answer, I know it's been done.

cleared the signal indicators in the head lights too. Looks tight! thanks to peter for all his help.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'v painted my rear bumper valance black just like the sedans cause I liked the look. Just mask everything off and drap towels over the exhaust tips, worked great for me. I used bumper paint, you know, the kind advertized to renew your original black look. Its been on for 6 monthes with no chips or cracks. Sorry no pics, I'v yet to learn how to down size them.

To each his own, but I don't understand why you would paint body colored parts black. For years you could distiguish the budget versions of economy cars by the parts left unpainted (black). It looked tacky then, not much has changed since.

Look at the 1997-2003 BMW 5 series as another example. The 2001 styling refresh included painting all the black trim body colored to update the look.

Again, it's your car and if you think it looks good, have at it. I'm assuming you're posting because you want opinions; I'm just giving you another perspective before you go and screw up your new car :)

The blacked-out chrome falls into this camp as well. In the 80's people painted over the chrome trim to give their cars the "Euro-look". I'm still not convinced 20 years later.

I added black to my wagon. I added a black RBS front lip(thnks Paul for putting it on:) ), painted fog light covers, and the lower half of the rear bumper black. I also add a JDM waist spoiler. Here are some pics. It's been really windy so my car is dirty.( the hand print on the hood is from Wallis son Owen helping me :icon_bigg close my hood at the meet on sunday.)

162143(1).thumb.JPG.2cfa35ef6d1e7a3da3e39f8318ebaa46.JPG

162158(1).thumb.JPG.30236d6a5a0d9e3af11a31c601d7ce52.JPG

162500(1).thumb.JPG.1c86504c0ce4efc06c90685118ed164f.JPG

162546(1).thumb.JPG.7cf2c8744c2a57447b8bfa4753d1ec80.JPG

162605(1).thumb.JPG.3258ff7310debf0b179b86a58366e0a5.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I added black to my wagon. I added a black RBS front lip(thnks Paul for putting it on:) ), painted fog light covers, and the lower half of the rear bumper black. I also add a JDM waist spoiler. Here are some pics. It's been really windy so my car is dirty.( the hand print on the hood is from Wallis son Owen helping me :icon_bigg close my hood at the meet on sunday.)

bump^ for another ABP at the Socal meet :) If u don't remember me, i'm the dude with the ABP 2.5i. My car actually came with black fog light covers, becuz i'm 2.5i? idk... Thanks for Rommel for the quality RBS front lip (painted black) and thanks for Paul to put it on , Thumbs up!

Now we have basically the same look in front, me - hood scoop :icon_bigg

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived