LegacyGT.com

Parts for invoice?

I am planing to get subwoofer and autodimming mirror for my Legacy. Can dealers sell these for invoice or they anly charge MSRP for parts. There is a big difference in price between two.

autodim mirror MSRP $183 Invoice $119

Subwoofer MSRP $287 Invoice $186

Is there a readily handy list of invoice prices for accessories like that? does Subarupartsforyou.com list their parts at invoice, or just lower than retail?

I am trying to assemble a list of things I want to negotiate into the price of my legacy later this year... and I do want to bundle those things in at purchase-time.

so far I am thinking:

Compass/homelink mirror - I hate visor-clipped garage door opener buttons

All-weather mats, trunk mat, trunk nets.

Chrome side sills, especially for a darker color.

Rear interior dome light (considering the utter lack of interior lighting...)

Security Shock sensor (is there such a thing as too-safe?...)

Engine block heater and battery warmer might be nice in the winter 'round here, even though I do have a garage.

Do the US "splash guards" come painted? it didn't appear so on the website... I want them either way, but would prefer the visible rear surface be painted body color.

Questionable: (not sure if I want to put them in, or go to an aftermarket vendor after the sale)

STI short-throw kit - vs cobb double adj. and bushings. (all three If I thought it would improve shift quality to anywhere near our miata...)

Momo airleather shift knob. - Vs stock - vs other subaru or momo aftermarket design.

Guage pod in the center cubby space, unless DEFI comes out with 52mm BF-white-imperial guages... I kinda like defi's HUD setup, other than the fact that it looks added on, rather than integrated into the dash, but it isn't offered OEM.

I thought about the subwoofer... but I would much rather run an amp and an 8" infinite baffle sub in the rear deck location... which means aftermarket.

Is there a readily handy list of invoice prices for accessories like that?
http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html

I am trying to assemble a list of things I want to negotiate into the price of my legacy later this year... and I do want to bundle those things in at purchase-time.
You should consider purchasing using the Subaru VIP Partner Program. Invoice price, which is reduced by any current incentives. It's a good idea to have all the Subaru accessories installed on the car before you purchase it. That way all your accessories are covered by the 3 yr new car warranty instead of the 1 yr parts warranty.

Thanks OBieXT,

I just ordered a hood deflector and a set of bumper guards from SubaruPartsForYou. The prices and shipping were reasonable and I got a tracking number in just a few hours... I expected it would take a few days to ship that stuff.

best way to get stuff at invoice, or at least employee cost is become friends with a subby tech or a service writer in the dealership.

have them buy the stuff for you at their cost (invoice/employee) and then you just pay them for what they paid. or just hand them the cash for the part and have them go get it for you. ive done both ways, with buying parts for the subby or buying parts for my friends GM cars.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

Archived