LegacyGT.com

stupid neighbor

aldouse

just had a new neighbor move in 2 doors down a couple of weeks ago.

its some 30yr old dude who drives a blue 06-sti.

well yesterday as i drive home from work i see the guy outside his house detailing his ride. right as i drive by him he looks at me and stares at me with the most confused look ever. and so i parked my car up my driveway. and as i get out of my car the guy walks over and asks me, "whats up with you ricers and wannabe subaru?! a camry aint no subaru, if u want a subaru go get an STI like me!"

i stood there confused and very lost at what he was trying to get at. i mean i guess i'm your typical "azn fob ric3r" with the gh3tt0 welded exhaust w/ a bra on and stuff but hasn't this guy ever heard of a legacy? well... just for the sake of it i just didn't say anything and walked into my house...

what do you think?

should i say anything? if so... what? keep in mind i drive a 2.5i and not the GT so i really dont have much bragging rights in terms of performance against an STI.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

just had a new neighbor move in 2 doors down a couple of weeks ago.

its some 30yr old dude who drives a blue 06-sti.

well yesterday as i drive home from work i see the guy outside his house detailing his ride. right as i drive by him he looks at me and stares at me with the most confused look ever. and so i parked my car up my driveway. and as i get out of my car the guy walks over and asks me, "whats up with you ricers and wannabe subaru?! a camry aint no subaru, if u want a subaru go get an STI like me!"

i stood there confused and very lost at what he was trying to get at. i mean i guess i'm your typical "azn fob ric3r" with the gh3tt0 welded exhaust w/ a bra on and stuff but hasn't this guy ever heard of a legacy? well... just for the sake of it i just didn't say anything and walked into my house...

what do you think?

should i say anything? if so... what? keep in mind i drive a 2.5i and not the GT so i really dont have much bragging rights in terms of performance against an STI.

Yeah, you should set him straight. You're far from a ricer, and I don't think you are putting racing decals on the 2.5i right? Just tell him you went for the "mature, stylish subaru" instead of the "big wing, kid who has to race, box on wheels subaru".

What an idiot. I say go to www.subaru.com and send him a couple of brochures on the Legacy. I'd say ignore him. Someone that goes up to someone to make a comment like that would probably get pissed off if you show him that he is an idiot. It's not worth your time, just send him some reading material and let him be.

I can't believe this neighbor of yours could actually be that ignorant(!) Is your post for real?

We're two years into our current edition for crissakes! Hasn't he seen them at the dealership, or read/stumbled across ANYTHING on the Legacy in the past two years- GT or not?

what a tard...

you should wait across the street and snap some pics of this ghey boy next time he's outside....then post em up in this thread so we can all see what this moron looks like....it'll be fun....

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

what a tard...

you should wait across the street and snap some pics of this ghey boy next time he's outside....then post em up in this thread so we can all see what this moron looks like....it'll be fun....

Doooo eeet :icon_twis

I keed I keeed

Apparently your new neighbor is not only unable to identify other Subarus, but is presumably illiterate as well since he could not read the back of your car. That is kind of sad, I would suggest the brochures but he can't read. So take pictures, post em' up and put a flaming bag of dog shit on his door step. You could also put road kill in his mail box, put vaseline on his windshield wiper blades, and piss on his door handles (both car and home). Pour bleach on his lawn, put a NAMBLA sticker on his car. Be mean and get even.

lol... wow hazing ideas...

the only sticker i have on my car is "LegacyGT.com" right below the 3rd brake light, and the stupid "your car has xx emission rating" <- been too lazy to buy some googone to remove the sticker.

haven't seen the dude's car since yesterday so its either garaged or he's not around for the time being. we shall see what lies down the road...

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

I share your neighbor's hatred for ricers, but not his level of ignorance when it comes to Subaru models.

The fact that you don't have a hoodscoop may have thrown him. He may be aware of the LGT, but not the 'i' model. This could be why he thought it was a riced Camry... its a stretch, but I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Archived