LegacyGT.com

Tide

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's a fun to see new Jedi's avatars every week I also do understand Tide's concern regarding this topic. I think it will be benefitial for all of us if Tide post the definition of this site avatar acceptance / unacceptance.

This is really sensiive issue - just look at the Howard Stern case. Can you draw parallel here?

Okay for all the people who say dont surf at work.. Heres a big FU@K0rs you. :)

Here is the reality. People surf forums during the day at work. People searching for information on legacies during the day at work might come across this site. Parents who have children view this site. Listen, if you want to look at PRON do it on your own time.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well put, Dave. While I personally dont have an issue with people "expressing themselves" through their avatars, I understand that others my not share my comfort level in that regard (be they risque or grotesque). There should be a "happy medium" for the "general public".
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
interesting point, i wonder if I can turn off avatars for non-registered peeps. jedi?

I believe it's under the advanced options in the admin cp? Been a while since I needed to do anything like that, so I might be thinking the wrong area.

Since I don't surf at work, I guess that I will defer to those of you who do on this issue. And while I can understand the concern over the avatars, I think that the avatars give a good indication of the personalities that make up LegacyGt.com. The avatars found here are alot more interesting than those I have seem at other sites. Anyway, Tide I'm down for whatever you decide to do.

Jedi and his preverted self. :D

:confused: yeah, that's what I was going to say, but how about your personality?:munch: just how many skittles does it take to get to the...................

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 1 month later...
There's actually a growing number that are borderline. While 1 or 2 doesn't really make a difference in the size of this site, its been spreading to more and more members and I can understand why large boards don't really allow avatars. So this is by no means directed towards 1 or 2 people, just that the overall tone of many avatars is getting a bit more salacious than I'd like.

Archived