LegacyGT.com

Drag an rx8?

executor485

So... There is a bit of background with this story, but basically a riced out rx8 thought that he wanted a piece of the Leggy last night. Now, being the law abiding individual I am I didnt speed or burn out or anything of that sort, but getting up to the regulated speed is not a problem. Well, Im in the turning lane and the rx8 (spoiler bigger than life, exhaust louder than my stereo, stickers everywhere, lights, the works... lol) is in the lane to go straight. Well, I guess he figured he was cool enough to turn when the light went green cause he tried to have a run with me. I was going the speed limit and was ahead of him and I wasnt about to break that. Well both of the lanes going west were blocked, one was me the other was a suburban. So since he's in a ricer its legal for him to go into the middle turn only lane and zoom by at 80... lol

Now, if I didnt care about insurance, saftey, ect I might have gone ahead and had a little run with him on the backroads just for the hell of it. But, I figure that wouldnt be the smartest option. But... I did notice that it was an individual from the base... so its possible that I could see him around again... hrmm... idea... there is a drag strip around.

Soo... how would a stock 5EAT GT fair against a stock or even slightly modded rx8. What about with a COBB running stage1 93 octane map?

Im not looking to go out and be retarted, but heck... if there is a drag strip around and I possibly see him again, what would the verdict look like? From what I have read about the rx8 its a decent car no doubt... and its technically just a 2 door coupe... so... hopefully no flames, but hey :) whatever happens :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Nice to know... :)

So I guess I should go out and get the COBB just to make sure ;)

Heck, while Im at it I should get the UP, DP, and TBE then flash to stage 2.

I know he had a manual from the way he was revving at the light, guess he wanted me to revv as well... woulda been a bit rediculous considering I have stock exhuast which doesnt sound all that impressive :) *Sleeper*

As for the twisties, Im not too sure... stock would probably get reemed for sure, but what about with a new suspension and some toyo proxies or something? Not that I can afford any of that right now. I did try and search for rx8 as well and it didnt come up with anything. I am guessing that some posts get deleted or cleared out every so often.

As for the twisties, Im not too sure... stock would probably get reemed for sure, but what about with a new suspension and some toyo proxies or something? Not that I can afford any of that right now.

Stock Rx-8 is up there with S2K's (.88-.91 on the skidpad).

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Thats a pretty good skidpad. Stock LGT on cars101 says its .84 confirm? deny? :p

Yay for the Subie. Maybe I will see the rx8 again :) I will definately have to let you know how it faired ;) with pictures of the rice... I still cant get over how much rice there was. I think he needs a shovel to remove all the rice from behind his car before he backs out of the driveway every morning. :lol:

I raced a RX-8 at the strip once. Guy claimed it ran low 14's. But he couldn't manage better than a 15.9 all night. :lol: It was my second time at the strip, I was still fiddling with launching, and I can't remeber but I think I didn't launch at all. I ran a 15.6 :rolleyes: and he ran a 16.3 when we actually went heads up. I later ran a 14.77 that night (track is slightly uphill). My current best is 14.5, 85 deg heat and 75% humidity on a non-uphill track; I'd love to run in colder weather sometime.

Break torque to 3000 rpm and you should win, even stock. Stage 1 will destroy him.

I have to admit, I have a lot of respect for the RX-8. A seriously nice car and to be honest, I would much rather gets the thumbsup from a RX-8 driver than from a MPS.

MPS = Mums & Dads sorta car to business exec.

RX-8 = Little more into their ride, classy, seriously know what they are on about.

Good to know that if u do run against the RX-8 in a controlled environment that U should do well.

Ada///M.

Archived