LegacyGT.com

Which Brake Package: Drilled or Slotted ?

agctr

Which Brake Package do u prefer ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brake Package do u prefer ?

• Drilled
    • Slotted

Exactly. People will buy them. That is why they make em. It is the same reason COBB is making cold air intakes when they know it messes up your idle. I had a guy down at COBB tell me himself that the only reason they are making it is because people will buy it. Same thing on their big brake kit. Trey had it on his car for the SEMA show last year and then he took it off because he liked the stock LGT brakes better. I'm not making that up either. One of the techs at COBB told me all of this when I was checking out their shop last spring.

if that's the only reason why they make them, then why are OEM rotors for some mercedes benz models cross drilled? like the s class and the amg models?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if that's the only reason why they make them, then why are OEM rotors for some mercedes benz models cross drilled? like the s class and the amg models?

okay.. disregard my comments.. i went from page 2... all the way to the end, without reading lol

• 2 months later...

Personally I still much prefer the slotted but there are a lot of designs out there at the moment that will work just as well. Been looking at the Porsche setup alot lately esp the new brake package design on the 997 911 Turbo and the 997 GT3, massive calipers with RIM size discs and carbon compound pads. Expensive to set up in a GT or STi GT but once u have driven something like that and had to jump on the brakes, you just couldnt go back to stock.

I personally like the Gran Turismo Brembo package but dont think I will be slotting these onto the STi anytime soon.

Ada///M.

Where's the neither option? Slotted discs tend to fill with material (melted rotor, pad, etc) at track events if driven hard. On the street, it just creates extra noise and wear on the pads.

Drilled aren't even worth considering.

Warren

I'm with Wang on this one.

Look at my wear pattern - perfect imo. Thats an HP+ on a plain premium blank rotor. My car stops GREAT - I can get it right to ABS/lockup without excessive pedal effort and as much fade resistance as HP+ have to offer. (RE-070's on an 06 WRX wagon fwiw)

If you want more friction GET HIGHER MU PADS.

This subject gets beat to death on every car forum on the net.

Of ALL these manufacturers out there I have not seen one iota of DATA that suggests machined rotors do anything. All I see are unbacked, obviously biased OPINIONS. Cools better, clears debris, blah blah blah.

The only data I do see is Stoptech on their aerorotor design 2 piece rotors.

Show me some &%$% DATA!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/brakeguru/goodrotor.jpg

I'm with Wang on this one.

If you want more friction GET HIGHER MU PADS.

This subject gets beat to death on every car forum on the net.

Im w/ Wang too :p Cept just remember that HIGHER MU doesnt mean you stop any shorter ;)

Me and Warren had a long and heated debate about this recently where we were both basically saying the same thing, but in different ways :icon_surp

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Archived