LegacyGT.com

What happens when you rip on the e-brake?

elpete77

In the old days when I had a CRX I could pull my ebrake and whip the car around turns. It was lots of fun, and made me feel totally cool. All teh ladies dug it. What would happen if I tried that with the wagon?

PS please don't "flame" me because I am a fragile soul.

PSS peace and love, peace and love

I used to drive my '89 Civic Si on gravel...go into a corner too hot, jam the brakes, yank the wheel and pull the handle then back on the gas. Almost a perfect pendulum turn :lol:

Exactly! Keep power to the front wheels and just drag it through. We did it on pavement, not good for the tires but it was a crap car anyway.

if you plan on yanking the e-brakes to do cool moves, I'd suggest you push in the clutch before you pull the e-brake.. if you do it right, you can make the car drift slide.. I would practice that with a wet pavement or lots of snow..

I wouldnt yank soo hard, you'll end up stretching out that cable and wear out the components.. but if you do all things right, you wont wear the parts as fast.

I would suggest you to take a class in stunt driving instead to use the e-brake properly.

Keefe

In the old days when I had a CRX I could pull my ebrake and whip the car around turns. It was lots of fun, and made me feel totally cool. All teh ladies dug it. What would happen if I tried that with the wagon?

Well, if you did that in your wagon, you'd whip the car around the turn. In the process you'd stress your center diff, wear out your rear drum parking brake, and stretch your parking break cable. As well as put excess wear on your rear tires. (anything else?) Maybe not so good an idea. :icon_bigg

That was gentle to a fragile soul, wasn't it?

tom :)

no wear on center diff when clutch is depressed.. right? did he say anything about manual or AT? I like to do this in the snow, but if it is hurting the center diff I'll refrain (I'll just use the gas more to get er around)... but as xenonk was sying that by depressing the clutch you are relieving the drivetrain of stress and preventing the C. Diff destruction, right?

Please reply before next snowfall... thanks

^ MT, it's ok, you can pull up on the ebrake (it shouldnt hurt it too much on the center when the front is open and the rear is held on with the ebrake).

AT would be different, just dont bother even thinking of tempting pulling the e-brake.

Keefe

AT would be different' date=' just dont bother even thinking of tempting pulling the e-brake.[/quote']

Hypothetically, what if you put the 5EAT in Neutral and pulled the parking brake? It shouldn't stress the center diff, right? Probably wouldn't be too fun though.

tom :)

Archived