LegacyGT.com

This car is solid the whole way!! LOVE this car

I took my car on a road trip to south dakota with my girlfriend to see her family and we took these side roads where there were no cars at all, just wide open road. I have the Cobb Tuning piece for and the car was set in economy mode for better gas mileage and i managed to get to 145mph and the car was solid the whole way no shakes and gitters like i expected. It was FAST and SMOOTH, loved it. Anybody know of a way to change the limits on the cruise control by chance??

Thanks

Cruise: I know there is.... but I can't remember off hand. If nobody chimes in, check the Modification walk-through section.

I don't really get any stuttering at interstate speed. I AM curious to know what the economy could do for me on long trips though!

You remember what you averaged on gas mileage?

P.S. Don't you just love the fact that you don't have to down-shift to pass people? Even on an uphill... the Boxer moves right along with no problems what-so-eva!

My previous car (Accord).... f'get about it!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Hmmm don't know, never heard anything about changing the cruise control speed but there have been debates about it :D

Pretty sure the highest setting it can be set at is 83mph...or that's what it looked like on my speedo when I was testing to see how high it really was back in the day ;)

Econo mode + 145 prob not the best idea for the car......

83-84mph here:(

There are some that will say that is plenty fast for cruise.

I am not one..on wide open stretches of road with no traffic cruise should be available up to 105-110.

I am sure COBB could change that with a map release;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I too agree, this thing's a beast when it comes to 100MPH+ runs! Just rock solid and instills driver confidence. I've driven a lot of other "high-performance" cars at 140MPH that did not feel as solid as the LGT. I can't imagine what lowering it would do on some real tires.

I too agree, this thing's a beast when it comes to 100MPH+ runs! Just rock solid and instills driver confidence. I've driven a lot of other "high-performance" cars at 140MPH that did not feel as solid as the LGT. I can't imagine what lowering it would do on some real tires.

Allow you to really flog it, and still maintain composure!

When I put on the Ions', it became very noticeable how floaty the stock springs were! Prior to the springs, if I stood on the brakes from triple digit speeds, the car would nosedive badly, and become unsettled, same if I needed to make mid corner steering adjustments. Now the car just stays planted & surefooted through just about any manuver I throw at it!

I have the Cobb Tuning piece for and the car was set in economy mode for better gas mileage and i managed to get to 145mph

From http://www.cobbtuning.com/legacy/accessport/docs06/Economy%20Mode%20MTv115%20ProTUNER.pdf:

Description: Economy mode requiring minimum 91 octane fuel. Low boost and increased

ignition timing for optimal fuel savings. Not a performance map and not recommended

for aggressive driving.

I keed I keeed

Archived