LegacyGT.com

Got a speeding ticket today

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was another thread where I told the guy he should've jacked off on the cop as a joke and sand got everywhere :D

He took forever in his cop car writing out the ticket. I mighta had enough time to rub one out... but I don't think that would have helped things. :icon_tong

I was played the other day by a law enforcement officer.

I politely asked why I was being pulled over (truly inquisitive too), and he responded with a question: You know the speed limit on this road sir? So I replied (staring at the sign in front of us) "Yes sir.... it's 30mph."

He then asked if I knew how fast I was going. So I said "around 33mph."

He accused me of doing 52! So I asked where he clocked me. He said "Just before the train tracks!"

Note: These train tracks are VISCIOUS! I hit those at anything over 25... and my shocks would probably blow out! I've never gone over them at over 20! *Live in this neighborhood*

So... I politely asked to see the radar gun! To which he replied..... and I kid you not!

"It uhhhhh.... fell off the seat and uhhhhh cleared it's self!"

He then accused me (desperate it seems) of coming to a violent stop! :wtf:

My car was perfectly straight (had plenty of time after noticing his lights) with the shoulder stripe, while HIS car was "Dukes of Hazard" style behind mine... all crooked & shit with only about 6 inches of gap between bumpers!

Fortunately for me..... I have a witness! A neighbor of mine happened to be about 400+ yards behind me on this street when the cop came FLYING (80+mph) by him and made a VIOLENT stop behind me!

So.... to say the least.... my lawyers are going to :owned: him! HaHa!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Burgess road in Black Forest. People routinely fly down that road around 70 or so. It was deserted when I got pulled over. I was crusingly happily until a white car coming the other way pulled a uturn and lit up the lights. Those white Impala cop cars are hard to ID from a distance.

I'm a little PO'd about it cause I drive that route everyday. Its not bad until some hillbilly in a jacked up truck tailgates you at 60 mph (yeah I know its a 45 mph zone but nobody does that). Any cops around to ticket those offenders? Naaaah.... they just go for the easy pickin's (me).

when you go fishing, do you catch every fish?

+1

Can spot an unmarked Crown Vic a mile away in the dark but, Impalas r the ghey! I mean do the other troopers laugh at him, nice car? Did you ask him if he was new to the force to get such a POC? Tell him you'll gladly pay your fine if they put it to buy real police cruisers.

your ticket revenue goes to the state. The city pays for its cars from your property taxes.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

If there is nobody behind you and nobody in front of you don't speed. I usually wait for some sucker to go by me and use them as the sweeper, just hang back and keep them in the distance or run with them :) I also watch for brake lights in the distance.

This works except on the NJ turnpike where the state troopers wait in teams heading to the tunnels.

Guest *Jedimaster*
He took forever in his cop car writing out the ticket. I mighta had enough time to rub one out... but I don't think that would have helped things. :icon_tong

It would if you had to sign the ticket with his pen :lol:

Not a road racer advocate, but I was on the track called RT 95 in Maine a couple weeks ago and got stopped by a Maine Trooper.(I live in Mass) I saw him and it was already too late. I rolled down all my windows,(they are tinted) turned interior lights on and placed hands on the wheel which I highly advise. Speed limit was 65 he said I was doing 81, but wrote me up for 79 due to decent driving record ,which saved me points and money. He thanked me for rolling the windows down and commented on the difficulty of seeing through tints.

I will still contest as it is my option. It's not hard to lose track sometime. I gave up radar detectors. For me, they made me drive faster than I usally do. Instant on, cameras and airplanes can always get you.

This is not my beautiful car.

In SE Michigan, drive normal and everything is cool. Do not worry about 5 over, 10 or even 20 over, just go with the flow and stay the f%^$ out of the left lane unless you are briskly passing somebody. Otherwise, you WILL be run off the road.

As for the Michigan State Police; they are great. They will not screw with you for anything reasonable, under 80 on an interstate and under 70 on a 55 mph rural intestate.

It is so, so, nice not worrying about getting pulled over driving on a daily basis like you poor sods in Ohio, Indiana or Illinois. It is really awful to be going down the road and have some dumb ass slide around you on the wrong side (right side) in tight traffic and then slam on the brakes when he sees a cop or his radar goes off. I am sorry, but driving in suburban Chicago is awful and it is obvious that most of the people there are not at all focusing on driving but rather eating, talking on the phone and looking for radar cops.

And do not even get me started on Ohio. Such poorly designed, over signaled roads that you have TRAFFIC JAMS in small towns with less than 10,000 people and radar cops trying to bust people for 45 in a 35! Silly. Please, vote to change this because it is a huge drag on your economy and reduces your standard of living. Perhaps that is why you all drive Camry and Accords.

Welcome to Michigan, just pay attention to what you are doing and do not worry about cops. Radar detectors are just is bad Karma and will only cause misery in Michigan as the Police will not cut you any slack when they see that, and they use instant on Radar to bust really fast drivers.

SJa76: That happened on the previous ticket to me. He took forever writing it cause I asked where the post speed limit sign was... and he said "you can't see it from here!"

So... when he came back, I took my time reading EVERYTHING on the ticker (which is my right BTW), and about half way through the FRONT he said.... "Just sign the ticket."

So I replied: "Stand by, I want to make sure I understand this ticket 100%!"

He didn't like that too much... but there's NOTHING he can do about it! I even read the BACK... work for friggin WORD!

HaHa! *Yeah... I know... I'm an ass, but some of these LE officers NEED it! Damn chips on their shoulders cause of the badge & gun!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Just be glad you don't live in a city that will nail you for doing 30 in a 25 mph zone. Most of the streets are 25 mph. They just recently decided to put in red light cameras. Well, I can count almost all the lights in the entire city with my hands and feet.

^^ That's what he wrote me up for! Even said the school zone lights were flashing.... even though I looked at those before I even turned ONTO the road!

So.... my lawyer checked into the times at which those particular lights begin, and sure enough.... .the cop was telling a lie! So... it was dropped!

As will be the one in my first post above. I love my lawyer.... she's the shit!

Didn't get pulled over...but today on my way home from work I had a cop tailgating me for a couple miles...

Now what do you when that happens, I was going the speed limit....if you speed up do you take the chance he'll give you a ticket or do you just let him abuse his power...(I stayed the speed limit)

Guest *Jedimaster*
JEDI LUBS THE SPECIAL SAUCE! :lol:

I loves making it-I'm whipping up a fresh batch right now-get it while it's still warm :lol:

I was played the other day by a law enforcement officer.

I politely asked why I was being pulled over (truly inquisitive too), and he responded with a question: You know the speed limit on this road sir? So I replied (staring at the sign in front of us) "Yes sir.... it's 30mph."

He then asked if I knew how fast I was going. So I said "around 33mph."

Same thing happened to me about 7 years ago. Except I didn't give the cop a straight answer. He was looking for me to set the amount of the ticket. When he lit up his lights I was doing about 67 in a 55. However I was getting on the interstate and was merging with traffic and he didn't have time to clock me before I noticed him. Our exchange went something like this.

Cop (all red in the face): Son, do you know how fast you were going.

Me: No

Cop: I would have more respect for you if you could tell me how fast you were going.

Me (not caring for his respect): Well I was merging into traffic and I wasn't watching my speedometer I was watching for cars.

Cop: You were doing 75

Me: I seriously doubt I was going 75, since I was matching my speed to everyone else as I merged on.

Cop: You were most definitely doing 75. Do you know how many feet per second that is.

Me: Uuuuuuh No

Cop: Uuuuuh....to fast to stop.

Me: If I was doing 75 then so was everyone else as I said I was attempting to merge into traffic.

Cop: I have your licence number now. You better not get pulled over again by me.

Me: Ok

How many feet per second. What a moron.

Archived