LegacyGT.com

Legacygt.com unavailable during the day...

Over the last week or so I have had legacygt.com return a host not available error and then maybe 10-15 mins later its back, at first i took it as a fluke but it happened again today. What was even wierder today was when i checked back to the site when i clicked on new posts it said 0 new posts, just curious is if there is something up with the host perhaps...
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

could be the host, could be your ISP.

You might want to check your ISP on dsl reports for DNS issues. I know on comcast, I was having weird intermittent issues because they had rotating DNS servers and they were gradually all going toes up due to an attack. However, this was a couple months ago.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Try accessing it through proxymouse.com. If it's a problem with your ISP not getting along with someone along the way, at least you'll know.

Well what i can do next time i have a problem is try bringing up the site on my treo.. what i can also do is we have multiple proxy servers so i can try adding a manual entry to the other proxy and see if that helps.

I can also walk over to the desktop guys who have a dsl connection and confirm if its the site or if its my proxy being gay.

And unfortunatly our ban list is huge and proxymouse is not accessable... tehnically im not even supposed to be posting right now but I think i would lose my mind if i wasnt able to post at least a few times a day

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Okay im not crazy..

So today at 11:10 CST i couldnt get to the board, i am working from home today so it was unavailable via my companies proxy server, my local comcast, and my local comcast through proxymouse.com

The ip was pingable however no response when loaded via a web browser. I think its something with the fourm software because the web server port itself was up, when i telnetted to the ip of the forum on port 80 it did connect even though i recieved no data back.

Anyway.. i feel better that im not insane (in this particular case)

I've heard some forum owners say that 3.5 of VB has some unresolved load issues. I don't know if that is whats happening or that the site has just outgrown the server move from 6 months ago. I'm not seeing the downtime as frequent as you guys are, but I have seen the forum software overload the server to the point of a reboot. Once work lightens up for me (this week) I'm going to research it more and maybe push for some new iron.

I've heard some forum owners say that 3.5 of VB has some unresolved load issues. I don't know if that is whats happening or that the site has just outgrown the server move from 6 months ago. I'm not seeing the downtime as frequent as you guys are, but I have seen the forum software overload the server to the point of a reboot. Once work lightens up for me (this week) I'm going to research it more and maybe push for some new iron.

Thanks for responding :)

Maybe i just need to donate again :icon_lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*

3rd donation FTW :lol:

From time to time I get double posts and I'm sure it's related to the site just freaking out form time to time and saying "Hey, *yawn* what's going on around here? *zzzz*".

Naw, it's not a question of money. I think that vB 3.5 has some performance issues. I also have to get on my host and find out why the server is rebooting. It was up for 30 hours and already crashed again, I have a hard time believing its just vB.

Anyways I have another ticket in and this time Im going to push them to either find the problem or move me to a faster server. A dual cpu sounds nice.

BTW, I've set a server load limit in vB so it should turn people away when the server starts to overload. Hopefully that will give me time to notice and track any issue.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

This is annoying as hell!!

Can I suggest we just block everyone that is not a member?

83 members and 66 guests 11:34 Chicago time.

Well I'm still optimizing the database and a few other tasks right now. The load on the server went high because I converted the search tools on the site from PHP to MySQL which will help lighten server load. Be glad you have an admin that knows this stuff. :)

The limit will prevent the server from running amuck and rebooting which is very bad. I'm officially done with all the tweeks, optimizations, software installs. From this point let me know if anything happens again.

Archived