LegacyGT.com

Need help passing emmisions in NoCo cornfed LGT

Posted (edited)

Hey guys.. I built this car in New Mexico where emissions were not a thing. Regrettably I gave the down pipe away for pennies, maybe even on here. I'm hoping thats all it needs, despite the 600$ price tag sob.

A little info: it's basically had every external mod you can do.. stock internals. Vf52, old Cobb downpipe (might be non catted or if it is catted just barely), GS uppipe (also I believe catless oof), nameless 6" cans, tgv deletes, Radium top feed conversion rails and lines, walbro 450(?) Fuel pump, ID 1000cc injectors, unequal length headers, Cobb cai, perrin inlet, gfb blowoff/ recirculating valve, FMIC, 3 port boost control solenoid, tuned at altitude for e85 and 91 Oct by Dave @ Cryotune in 2017. 

Am I screwed? Car still has some life in it and some pep. Albeit maybe signs of oil getting into places it shouldn't. Was hoping to get a few more miles out of it but thinking I might be SOL in this state ☹️

img_1_1714887325981.jpg

20240504_231408.jpg

20240504_231314.jpg

Edited by oODanKNesSOo

You could try slapping a stock DP on it and crossing your fingers, but with all those mods, it's a stretch.  Definitely can't run the stock tune on that hardware, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I have a spare stock downpipe you can have, but I think the upper cat in it is toast, so it probably won't pass.

Yo! Thanks for the reply.. man thatd be awesome if I could even barrow it. It's got to be better than the old Cobb I have. I'm gonna put it on the initial e85 tune so lower boost and all that and might could get the stocker you have to pass with some cat clean or whatever, so I've been told.

If my up pipe is also catless, is that gonna move the needle replacing with catted? I think the one it had was leaking at the mesh, maybe that'll actually help too! 😅 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oODanKNesSOo said:

If my up pipe is also catless, is that gonna move the needle replacing with catted?

Probably not very much. The up pipe cat is tiny….

But I have one somewhere you can have for the cost of shipping and some beer or whatever. Cat in it was fine…. 142k kms got swapped out for a catless one.

EDIT for clarity: I have an up pipe with cat. The DP I sold for like $700 when the market was good a couple years ago. But again, it was very low kms and in perfect health.

Edited by KZJonny

54 minutes ago, oODanKNesSOo said:

Yo! Thanks for the reply.. man thatd be awesome if I could even barrow it. It's got to be better than the old Cobb I have. I'm gonna put it on the initial e85 tune so lower boost and all that and might could get the stocker you have to pass with some cat clean or whatever, so I've been told.

If my up pipe is also catless, is that gonna move the needle replacing with catted? I think the one it had was leaking at the mesh, maybe that'll actually help too! 😅 

You can message me for phone#.  I'm SE of Denver by the tech center.  If you're in north Colorado, this POS may not be worth the drive; someone offering you a good cat for price of shipping sounds like a great deal.

The up pipe won't make a difference.  With a basically functional stock DP, you'll probably pass the sniffer test; the problems are visual, which will catch an aftermarket DP but not a UP, and the monitors.  If you can get the O2 and evap monitors to pass without setting a P0420, I think you can pass with one or two monitors incomplete.